Thread: A rifle for me....

Smile A rifle for me....

My new rifle. It was made in the mid 60's. It has a plain but attractive walnut stock with good hand checkering and only a couple of small minor scratches. The deep blue on the metal is close to 100%. The barrel is a long and slender 23 inches. The trigger breaks like a tiny ice cycle hanging off the cabin eve. It is light weight and well balanced. The barrel has writting on it and it says, Made in Belgium, Browning Arms Company, T-Bolt Caliber .22 Long Rifle. It is a very fine rifle made in a time and place when craftsmen took pride in their work. After I get used to the iron sights I will put a 4 power Leupold with a fine cross hair reticle on it. I may have to take my Grandson out and hunt the elusive snowshoe hair.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

The way I heered it,

Browning stopped making those T bolt 22s, for the following reason. At least some of the stocks were cured with some kinda salt which caused them to rust underneath the barrel and action.

Thatsa bout all I can remember, but I thought you might wanna know.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Check Brownings Website. They're making them again.

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...21B&catalog_=B

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    My new rifle. It was made in the mid 60's. It has a plain but attractive walnut stock with good hand checkering and only a couple of small minor scratches. The deep blue on the metal is close to 100%. The barrel is a long and slender 23 inches. The trigger breaks like a tiny ice cycle hanging off the cabin eve. It is light weight and well balanced. The barrel has writting on it and it says, Made in Belgium, Browning Arms Company, T-Bolt Caliber .22 Long Rifle. It is a very fine rifle made in a time and place when craftsmen took pride in their work. After I get used to the iron sights I will put a 4 power Leupold with a fine cross hair reticle on it. I may have to take my Grandson out and hunt the elusive snowshoe hair.
    What a dandy! From firsthand experience, it's easy to see why you're proud. The T-bolt I had long ago was one of the most accurate 22's I've ever owned. I can't remember what foolish notion convinced me to part with mine, but I sure miss it even after all these years. Congratulations!

Thumbs up T-Bolt

I love mine too! They are very nice 22's. It sounds like you have a fine example there. The one I have sitting in my closet right now is a little worse for ware, but she's still a tack driver.

Congrat's

Jake

CZ in AK, did the older ones use the straight pull bolt also? -Mark

Default cool

Does it have the peep sights? You can look up the salt wood thing online or at the rimfire forum. I have a new one for the wife. Carried it in the rain and the barrels not free-floating anymore. Maybe some sandpaper can fix it.
    The new ones don't have sights, but Talley makes nice rings for the Leupold.
    Sure is lightweight and pretty.
    Nice find.

Default Straight bolt pull.

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    CZ in AK, did the older ones use the straight pull bolt also? -Mark

Markopolo,

They sure did. Sadly I am missing the rear site on mine. Not to high jack the thread but any idear's on where I can get an original??

Jake

Thumbs up Looks ok....

I pulled the stock off to seal the wood and the metal and stock look like new. So maybe saltwood is not an issue with this rifle. I am in the process of giving it a thorough cleaning. I got a new 2x7 Leupold Rimfire scope and Warne mounts for it. I am going to get 2 more of the 5 round and 2 of the 10 round magazines for it. I will keep the original magazine at home. How exciting can a .22 rifle be!

I love my old T-bolt. I bought it from a friends dad in high school, he got rid of it because it was too accurate and was no challenge. Great gun.