Thread: .340 Weatherby Magnum Mark V Synthetic

Default .340 Weatherby Magnum Mark V Synthetic

I just returned from picking up my Weatherby...I could not be more pleased. I found out the gun since leaving the Weatherby factory has had a total of 6 rounds shot through it. It is in absolutely immaculate condition not a scratch, ding, blemish of any kind on the bluing, stock, or scope. The biggest complaint I can come up with is the scope was canted to the left a bit LOL!!!

Now to work up some loads for it and wring it out a bit.

theONE73-

I have the exact same gun AND LOVE IT! It has turned me back into a 1 gun hunter again. I've used on everything from moose in Newfoundland to whitetails in Saskatchewan to mule deer out in New Mexico.

I've actually sold off several other rifles because I don't see myself needing them anymore.

One piece of advice- Get your rifle mag-na-ported. Don't use anybody else, there is a difference. My .340 Weatherby, with 250gr Partition factory load, shoots under an inch at 100 yards and recoils less than a 7mm Rem Mag.

Welcome to the .340 WBY club.

Default welcome to the club

when i started using the 340 weatherby it increased my net worth---i sold the 243--the 270---the 300---the 375--i kept the 22-the 340 and a 416 for the big brown critters!!!

Thanks for the replies guys!!!

As soon as my Chief Financial Officer approves my funding request I will start reloading for it.

As good a deal as I got on the rifle I got an even better one on the reloading dies. I got a brand new set of Hornady dies shipped to the front door $20. They also included the free box of bullets offer as well...LOL!!!

I can't wait to hear your shooting report. Use the mag length for the length of your bullets (letting them just fit in the mag) to start with and adjust down from there. The 340 is the perfect balance of Accuracy, velocity, energy and momentum for your hunting needs especially on bigger game and is flat a shooter to boot without going to the extreme. It is a very balance and well thought out cartridge. I am truly happy for you man. Show us some pictures if you can.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    I can't wait to hear your shooting report. Use the mag length for the length of your bullets (letting them just fit in the mag) to start with and adjust down from there. The 340 is the perfect balance of Accuracy, velocity, energy and momentum for your hunting needs especially on bigger game and is flat a shooter to boot without going to the extreme. It is a very balance and well thought out cartridge. I am truly happy for you man. Show us some pictures if you can.
    I will. I am working on getting a B&C Medalist to put on it and then I will be sure to post some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by theONE73 View Post
    I will. I am working on getting a B&C Medalist to put on it and then I will be sure to post some pictures.
    You will love the B&C Medalist and make sure you do a little bedding and free float the barrel. If you don't know how to do the bedding or free floating, it would give even better results if you have it done.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS