Thread: no excuses

Default no excuses

In another post I saw where a moose was taken with No excuse bullets, Brown bear wanted to know about retained weight bullet performance ect. So I thought I would share my experinces with everyone here. First Off the owner of no excuses is a first class guy, I live in Canada and all I do is give him a call or email and my bullets are in the mail, after I get the bullets and bill I send him a money order, thats the kind of guy he is. I shoot a Knight inline and 495 grn no excuses over 90 grains of 777, this is my most accurate gun/load of all my rifles including my centerfires, my best group ever was shot with this rifle/load, I put 2 shots touching each other at 90 yards offhand! it is so accurate that a few years ago when a big Grizzly was hanging around my trapline cabin, and being very aggressive this is the rifle I chose to go after him. Bullet performance was perfect, I hit the bear square in the shoulder at about 30 yards, bullet went thru both shoulders and was under the hide on the offside, retained weight was 90%. This bullet is out at my trapline, I will bring it home this winter and post a picture so people can see what I mean. Hope this helps explain the no excuse line of bullets a little, for muzzle loading i just dont think there is another bullet that will compare, and I know no other bullet Co. will compare to the service you will get from no excuse bullets.

Sounds really good. Love to see it. Ya gotta reward good businesses like that. Even though I cast virtually everything myself, I'd throw business his way just to say "Thanks for being a great businessman!"

You guys should try some of the 490 and 590 grain bullets I found!!!

[quote=yukon254;363155]In another post I saw where a moose was taken with No excuse bullets, Brown bear wanted to know about retained weight bullet performance ect.

That was me that shot a moose with a 495gr no excuses. I have has the same experience as you with him- email the order, the bullets show up then send him a check! Who does business like that anymore!!!!!! Absolute stand up guy. Anyways the only bullet I recovered still weighed 420gr but was mashed pretty bad- but then again it had gone through one shoulder, passed through and broke the other. That says a lot about what a big slow moving piece of lead will do to a critter. Oh yeah, that shot was at 110yds.