Thread: African cat hunting in Anchorage

Default African cat hunting in Anchorage

ADN just posted a story about a suspected African cat running loose in Anchorage. I wonder how much it would cost to put that skin up on your wall.:D

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by big_dog60 View Post
    ADN just posted a story about a suspected African cat running loose in Anchorage. I wonder how much it would cost to put that skin up on your wall.:D

i think i would be careful on that one... back in 98? 99? a guy shot a lion in wrangle.. he got to see the inside of the F&G jail system and fines... seems it was the first reported incident of a lion in AK thus making it endangered....

I have not seen the story, but would exercise caution before hunting i...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Like a mountain lion or an african lion?
    I thought you were alowed to shoot non resident species.

In all seriousness I am not going to go hunting for it just thought it would be interesting.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

the one in wrangle was a mountian lion come over from Canada some where. and the guy thought the same. till he went to jail for it. exotic pets now that may be a different story. but the critter better be positively I.D. there have been undocumented reports of MT lions in TOK and as far north as Livengood.

most people don't know there are black tail in Anch area and have been photographed out by the airport. i wouldn't shoot one of those either with out serious discussion with ADFG...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up it was caught this afternoon..

it was a savannah cat, a serval x domestic hybrid, and thus legal to possess. it had escaped from it's owner this spring, and they have been reunited.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

The city giveth and the city taketh away!!
    http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/594092.html
    EricL