Thread: need trailer help

Unit 13

Default need trailer help

How can I make my trailer bigger?... I rushed to get a trailer only to figure out it was a two placed tilt snowmachine trailer. This trailer is to small to hold my UTV and when on it the back of the trailer will drag the ground if I put the utv on.?

should I just sell it for 500 (what I bought it for) or can I salvage it to make it larger?

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Part of your decision will depend on the axle rating of the trailer. If it is a lightweight axle (1000-1500#), I'd sell it and buy a larger trailer with an axle rated over 2k#.

Making a trailer longer sounds easy in theory, but there is a technical aspect to consider. If you make the bed longer, you should reposition the axle so the tongue weight is correct (typically 10% of the empty trailer weight). Last thing you want is a trailer that walks around on you!

If you only have $500 into it, I'd think about finding a longer one. You shouldn't have any trouble selling that one.

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I found a trailer on craiglist that can fit 3 quads. your utv should fit.