Thread: Knik River Public Use Area Fall Cleanup

Default Knik River Public Use Area Fall Cleanup

Fall 06 JimCreek Cleanup
    September 23, 2006 - 10AM until 3 PM
    Help us clean up the most heavily used ATV area in the state.
    It is near the end of summer, lets polish up the Knik River Public Use Area!
    Take a day with friends and family, work a little, play a little, meet new people and have a fun and rewarding day!
    We supply the bags and trash disposal; you bring your gloves, your riding friends, sense of humor and favorite way to get around the area!
    If you have a trailer to pull behind the ATV it makes your part easier and we will have passes for the Transfer Station (no Dumpster for the Fall Cleanup). We are looking for volunteers to use their pickups for runs to the Transfer Station also.
    Any vehicle going to the Transfer Station has to be covered to get in to unload! Bring something to cover the load!
    Everyone who collects a bag of trash will be entered for the Door Prizes supplied by the local OHV dealers and other merchants!
    BBQ starts at 2 PM and Door Prize Drawing at 3 PM.
    Sponsored by the Alaska ATV Club with support from the MatSu Borough
    More info at www.alaskaatvclub.org or 222-7676
    Pavilion Parking Area 10.5 miles north on the Old Glenn Hwy from the New Glenn Hwy turnoff, turn east (right) on Sullivan Ave (toward Raceway Park) 1.25 miles, parking area on the right.
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Talking What

There you go again, trying to change the image the valley has so long tried to maintain. That is why it is called "Valley Trash". Seriously, this place needs all the help it can get.

Default Good for you

Mike Good for you. I appreciatte your efforts in helping to keep this place clean and open to riders.

Default Back at you!

All my efforts wouldnt be worth anything without everyone's efforts on these events!
    See you there!
    Mike
    (ain't gonna rain - I promise j/k )
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org

Baby sitter FOUND!! I will be there. Ill be on a snorkeled orange rancher, and I usually wear a blue helmet. Spot by and say hi.

Thumbs up I'm going!

I'll be there with a friend and possibly his wife. I will be bringing along at least two of my girls (maybe all three if I can figure out how to get them all on the wheeler along with a few bags of trash....)

See ya at 10!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

So.....Who showed up from this forum?

Thumbs up A good time

It was good to see you out there WG! My kids had a blast (especially the one who won the Polaris jacket!!). Thanks Mike Echo for all the work! It was good to see all the trash coming out of there. Lets go riding again soon!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Done Good!

It was a great outcome for a Fall Cleanup. Approx. 4500 pounds of trash taken out of the area, 53 people working on improving the place they ride, friends getting together and families getting closer.
    What could be better than that?
    Thanks to everyone who came out, we don't push the Fall Cleanups like we do the Spring Cleanups (coming in May BTW) so this is an excellent turnout.
    Thanks to BP, Rockhound and Ron for doing most of the work getting this one put together and BP and Tim for slaving over the grills.
    The ATV Club will start working on the Spring Cleanup in January, come on out to the club meetings !
    We are making progress at Knik, the amount of trash we take out versus the number of people working is going down. There is still trash being left but there is less all the time. People are figuring it out!
    Again, thanks to everyone who came out!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org

WG, It was nice meeting you and the others, and those custom made bungies...wow!

Great effort and look forward to the spring event.

Mike, I have a few pictures if you want them.

Kurt

Default Pictures please!

Absolutely! If anyone has any pics they don't mind sharing of the cleanup send them to me at mike@alaskaatvclub.org!
    This is one part we've never done right as a club - taking pictures during a cleanup! I guess everyone gets busy and forgets to get pictures for the club! :-)
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org

It was great to meet you Kurt. That Rhino is so sweet I was telling my wife that ought to be our next ATV/RUV when its time to replace the rancher and brute.