Thread: "problem post" button?

Default "problem post" button?

Hey web guys,

What happened to the little red triangle to point out problem posts?

They were useful for getting spam posts and double posts removed promptly. Were people misusing them?

Now that they're gone, what's the best way to bring these to moderators' attention?

No biggie, just found it useful for keeping the boards tidy. Curious more than anything else...

Exclamation Good question

Thanks for asking. I hadn't noticed its disappearance. It probably exited when we upgraded the forum software.

I haven't been able to run down the answer, but I've got some feelers out on this.

David

And now it's back.

Did you change something, or was it one of those occasional random glitches the Data Processing guys shrug their shoulders about?

No...I fixed it. Sorry....for some reason I had it in my brain that I had explained what happened. It apparently went away as a result of the forum software upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6. The fix was fairly easy...now if it will just stay fixed.

For those who may be wondering what we are talking about, if you look in the upper right hand corner of this post, you'll notice a red and white triangle with a bar in it. If you click this, you can report a bad post. Your message goes to the moderator of the forum you are in.

What is a bad post? You decide. In some cases, it might be someone trying to sell wristwatches or knock off Nikes (don't laugh, it happens every week). In other cases, it might be someone flaming someone else.

The moderators will consider your concern and respond according to the forum rules and their best judgement.

Thanks again for bringing this up.

David
    Last edited by Webmaster; 09-15-2006 at 11:16.