Thread: Anyone Shooting the 375 Ruger Yet?

Question Anyone Shooting the 375 Ruger Yet?

I've been thinking of having my Interarms Mark X setup with a barrel for the 375 Ruger. It seems on paper to be a pretty good cartridge and would let me have a 375 in my standard action.
    I'd appreciate hearing any experiences, pros and cons that folks have had with this cartridge.
    Thanks
    Jim

Default Got one 4 Christmas

I got one for Christmas last year and I has become my favorite cartrige. Shot a moose with it this season and it dropped in its tracks. I hit it in the brisket at about 150 yards and found the bullet completely intact just behind the rib cage under the skin. The bullet mushroomed great and retained about 70% of its weight; 270 gr hornady, 190gr on recovery. I don't think it kicks as hard as my 300 win mag and it stacks bullets at 100 yds on the range from a cold barrel.

Great caliber
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Hey Darryl,
    That is good to hear. I'm getting more and more convinced to tray this out. Could I ask what rifle you have it in?
    Jim

Default .375 Ruger

Jim
    I rebarreled a Rem 700 SS - used a Shilen #4 SS cut to 22" and it is a track driver. Shot my moose with it - hit just behind the Rt. shoulder and exited in front of the Left shoulder - went down at the shot - was using Hornady 300 gr. RN interbond loaded to 2619 fps. The rifle feels great with good balance. I like the 22" barrel better than the 20" - just me!!!
    When sighting-in shot 3 into .651" group.

Default 375

Jim my son bought the Africian model last spring, he loves it, killed a nice ram with it this fall. Its a hard to beat caliber for us up here, will be getting a 375 ruger barrel for my new pro hunter rifle as soon as I heal up from the beating Im going to get when my wife finds out I bought a new rifle the same day she flew home for a visit with her folks!!

Default I love my alaskan

20" bbl is freakin awesome. Very good groups at 100 yards. Black coated stainless with the hogue overmolded stock. Leupold 1.75X6 in VX III. Worked very nicely on a spring blackie. It is my only rifle. It kicks pretty good, but not bad at all. I used to shoot a .300 win mag from ruger. It is a little stiffer recoil,but not as sharp. I like it alot! I am tall and skinny and handle it fine. It is a dream to carry and pack around. Just a sweet rifle!

Default I Done Did It!

Hey All
    I put an order in for a .375 Broughton barrel in a medium magnum sporter contour. I'm having the barrel sent right to Butch Hongisto in Missouri and will ship my rifle to him as soon as the barrel gets delivered. I know that there are some good folks locally, but Butch has done several rifles for me in the past and I got to spend several days with him in his shop last summer. He is a great guy and I consider him a friend. So I'll bite the bullet and spend the extra $50 shipping each way.
    I've order Leupold quick release scope rings. I will put my 1.5-5X20 Luepold scope on it (I just love this scope). And then hopefully a set of NECG express front and rear sights. One question is what barrel length to go with? I'm leaning towards 22 to 24". Figure I can always cut it back to 20" later.
    Oh, I already ordered an action wrench and have a barrel vise, so switching between the 338 and 375 barrels shouldn't be much of a hassle. And heck, if I come across another Mark X action for a fair price at some point I just might set a dedicated 375 rifle up.
    Man I sure have fun thinking and planning and working on new gun projects!!! And being able to get feed-back from all you folks is a great help!
    Jim

Default .375 Alaskan

not much of a kick with this set-up , just a push like a .45-70 with factory loads , the comb is too ------- high , tough to get on the sights , like all modern rifles but a sweet rifle all things considered