Thread: 3 horned Ram

Default 3 horned Ram

Very cool! Here is one of the pictures from the story:

Tony Russ wrote about killing a sheep similar to this one in one. I can't remember which book it was but one of them had a picture if I remeber right. I don't think he said anything about how the horn was connected however. I believe he is a member here so perhaps he will chime in on the subject

I just gotta ask, Brian.............how is posting a pic, which I assume is copy righted, from the newspaper story NOT a violation of forum rules?
    Snyd provided a link as per forum rules.
    I'll wait for your answer before I make the appropriate accusations about rules and moderators!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    I just gotta ask, Brian.............how is posting a pic, which I assume is copy righted, from the newspaper story NOT a violation of forum rules?
    Snyd provided a link as per forum rules.
    I'll wait for your answer before I make the appropriate accusations about rules and moderators!
    According to the fair use doctrine, posting excepts of a copyrighted work is considered acceptable as long as credit is given (which can come in the form of a link for online material). The link was given in the previous post, so posting an excerpt is considered acceptable.

Default Also

There is a species of sheep,(The Jacobs 4 Horned) which has 4 horns. 2 horns come oyt the top in the normal position, 2come out below it's ears.
    I wonder if this is a related gene, mutated over the centuries.
    But, three is a real conversation piece.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Smile Amazing

Thanks for the link. That is fascinating. What a great story. And what great publicity for sheep hunters with the article describing a very hard working and fair chase hunter who has had amazing success over the years. From the pics those horns looked big, and once I saw the measurements I was especially jealous. You might fit a credit card between those bases. Wowwwwww!!!!
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

Default Off topic

Sorry for the digression, but as a valley resident and only privy to the Frontiersman and the ADN (our version of the New York Times) I was blown away by the completeness of the article. The story is interesting enough to have made either of our papers, but there is no way we would have gotten the measurement of the horns, the process for B&C or the 'jokes' about not even sheep hunting. It was a refreshing read for someone who misses a quality paper.

Sockeye

What is said is the comments below the article. Obviously the same idiots that populate the ADN site make it over the the Newsminer

Thats not a horn, thats a nubbin!!

Cool deal, reminds me of a Seinfeld episode....

Default Russ' book

I am reading Tony's book on Sheep Stalking right now - that is the one with the 3rd horn....

Smile

I agree it seems like the best hunting stories are always in the Fairbanks paper. Come on, there tons of guys from Fairbanks here so someone must know the guy and could give us more details. I want to here the story about the ram broomed off near the bases or see pictures of the horns. Anyone have more info?
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear