Thread: Landing on Montague

Question Landing on Montague

I have an opportunity to take my 9 yo son on a fly in day trip for deer on Montague. My friend has a 180 on bush wheels that will fly us over there. The guy with the plane went over last week and had a little trouble with the new snow, so were looking for an alternative strip.

We are looking for a safe place to land where snow will not be a factor.

I am a life long Alaskan and understand asking people for their secret spots, but any help would be much appreciated. I really want to get my son on his first deer.

PM me if you want.

Default low tide??

If your friend is dropping you off, just go at low tide and land on the beaches. Some are soft, but if a guy knows what he's looking at you can land most places at low tide. If he's staying with ya, land at low tide still and find a place to push the plane up above high water line. We have done this with reliability. Your runway disappears for about 6 hours and weather there can change drastically in that time so prepare. Good luck.

AK-HUNT, thanks for the reply. I am sorry I didn't see the thread already discussing this below.

I talked to the pilot again and he said that sounds like your landing in a cub. and he doesn't want to try it in the 180 plus if we can get the 180 in there then we only have to make 1 trip.

It sounds like he has a new place to try with some info from a reliable source, so we'll wait for weather and see if it happens.

Thanks for the help.