Thread: Birds on the mendenhall flats Juneau???

Default Birds on the mendenhall flats Juneau???

Haven't seen or heard much action out on the flats. Has anyone heard or experienced any ducky situations???? Plan on hunting this weekend and have Friday off. I know the seaducks are in and can be found out in the deeper waters. I think a majority of the northern birds are outta here. Have seen divers on the local ponds though.

Also, does anyone know the guys who have a blue S 10 pickup and illegally hunted the temsco pond and illegally shot a full ten minutes early at the geese on the pond???would have been last friday 10/31 the violations occured. The temsco pond is posted as private property and according to fish and game is not part of the refuge. You can loose your privelige to hunt the flats if cited. Please be respectful of others and their property as well as obeying the law. It is not only unfair to the birds to shoot early but it also takes away opportunities for other hunters.

good huntin'

Quote Originally Posted by rosscoak View Post
    Haven't seen or heard much action out on the flats. Has anyone heard or experienced any ducky situations???? Plan on hunting this weekend and have Friday off. I know the seaducks are in and can be found out in the deeper waters. I think a majority of the northern birds are outta here. Have seen divers on the local ponds though.

Also, does anyone know the guys who have a blue S 10 pickup and illegally hunted the temsco pond and illegally shot a full ten minutes early at the geese on the pond???would have been last friday 10/31 the violations occured. The temsco pond is posted as private property and according to fish and game is not part of the refuge. You can loose your privelige to hunt the flats if cited. Please be respectful of others and their property as well as obeying the law. It is not only unfair to the birds to shoot early but it also takes away opportunities for other hunters.

good huntin'
    If you hear anything more about somthing like that occuring, let me know!