Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Partners

Default Hunting Partners

Just starting a thread on people who are looking for hunting partners in '09.

Starting early I know, but you really have to be prepared and planning is everything. I won't be able to hunt as a resident until next November but am looking forward to tagging along on some hunts in the upcoming seasons. I've hunted extensively all my life in Alberta.

I am interested in packin'/fly-in for sheep, bou, goat, and bear. If anyone has the same interests let me know.

Not sure what kind of response I'll get but any is fine with me.

Well its good that you are asking now. Good hunting buddys are hard to find unless you have been with them for awhile, the way they take care of themselfs and there camp, and just everything about them. One way is to meet someone over the winter and see what their habits are, if its not somehting you would ask from yourself move on. And for peets sake no snoring

Agreed, they have to be willing to pack the 50-60lbs into the bush and the 100lbs or so out.

I'm getting to old for that, have to stick to the boat. Really up until last year I would have taken you out, but a neck problem prevents me, from, in the near future from doing any of those things. Good luck someone on here should be able to help you. E.S.

Default Partners

Good hunting partners are hard to find. You're often trusting your life to them. When I first got to Alaska I had a great hunting partner to show me the ropes. We hunted and fish alot, then do to changes in his home life he does not get kitchen passes anymore. I have a couple of other friends from around the state, but timing always seems to be the issue these days. Good luck, in you search, you might want to give a little more information, as far as abilities and experiences.

Terry

Thumbs up Camera man needed

I am looking for a camera man for my hunts next year. The camera man will be shooter # 3 in the hunts. Feel free to send me a PM.

BTT still looking.

Default Hunting partner

You might try giving a little more personal info age, height weight, job, marital status etc.
    Also what kind of hunts have you been on , type of rifle used success or not. This will help you and the prospective partner get together. Good luck and Happy New Year. welcome to Alaska.

Agree with R on the R. In addition you might include the type of game you most like to hunt. It seems different personality types seem to gravitate to different game species....or at least so it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Agree with R on the R. In addition you might include the type of game you most like to hunt. It seems different personality types seem to gravitate to different game species....or at least so it seems to me.
    That may make an interesting thread all of it's own!

I'm also in the same boat. My hunting partner is my wife, but she has a real messed up back. Her job also stops her from hunting.

I'd rather just hunt alone, cuz I'm sick of plans being cancelled cuz there wives wont let them go, etc.

Its hard to find someone you can count on.

Default hunting partner wanted also

preferably female <200lbs with own four-wheel drive truck, jet boat, four-wheelers, and snowmachines.....please send pictures of truck and boat
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Default Same Thing

I am in the same boat, looking for a safe and knowlegable hunting partner. I was stationed here in Alaska for four years, from 2002-2006. I got out of the service and joined the Alaska National Guard. I am 28, 67 inches tall, and weigh 160 pounds. I am married to my beautiful wife, and have three kids ages 9, 6, and 2. I start work on Monday the 5th, with the Plumbers and Pipefitters Union Local 375. Probably will be working on the slope so I will have time to scout different areas before season. I have all my own gear. I am honest, hard to persuade on the internet. I prefer hunting goats and sheep, but don't mind hunting the other critters. Hope this helps. I don't like advertising here, but this has been a great community to be involved in. Thanks fellow outdoorsman. Grayling
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Well as for personal information.
    I am 5'10" tall, +/-180lbs, 34yrs and in good shape. I hit the gym 4-5 times/week, weights and cardio. I will start hiking/biking this spring and summer. I am living in Alaska now, but am not considered a resident until Novemeber. I am not specifically looking to hunt this year but to help some of you hunt, then if all works out start hunting as a resident in November. I am a transplant from Alberta and have been hunting my entire life. Hunted Bighorn Sheep, Moose, Elk, Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Coyotes, Rabbits. I do have common sense. I am ready and willing to tag along on hunts and help pack game, spot and stalk. I have all or most of my own gear for backpack style hunts, have transportation and can pick up anything else I might need along the way. I am just finalizing my custom Remington 300 RUM. Once I get it back from the smith I will be looking to do some load development and it would be nice to head out shooting with some people as well. I am interested in hunting the following animals and the order will sort of coincide with their rating:
    Sheep
    Goats
    Brown Bear
    Caribou/Moose
    Black Bear
    Wolf
    Coyote
    Fox

I have also hunted and called predators for the past 20years and am pretty good at it. We are not allowed electronic calls back home so its the old fashioned mouth all the way.

Anyway, if anyone else is in the same boat let me know, as you know this can be a grueling process and to find a good hunting partner is quite hard.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by shirtr; 03-21-2009 at 17:09. Reason: more info

Just a reccomendation from a guy who met one of his best hunting partners on the net... Birds or bunies make an excellent first date! We started out on grouse, then spring bear and now we are going to Kodiak for Goats!

A local fishing trip/bb-q is not a bad idea either, especially if you can get spouses together. Women seem to do better if they know your partners spouse. Our spouses get along so well in fact now we are working on plans to do a hike in couples hunt.

Default A hunting partner for bear would be nice.

It would be nice if they knew how to work on pickups and four wheelers. Like to drink beer, in moderation. Safe. Could go on a days notice. Bears make the schedule not me. Don't think $160 round trip for air fare is a lot of money.

If you are talking about $160 to pour gas in a cub then (assuming cub/guy = some form of 2 seat piper a/c) when I am not over seas I am but a PM away! When home I have a very relaxed schedule. Not a beer drinker but I find a flask of Jamison or Dickel to be a bit lighter to carry. As for your pickup and wheelers, well you supply the whiskey and I'll spin wrenches till I forget which way to tighten a bolt. Oh I am 265 lbs and 6'5" tall but I pack light

Default Hunting Partner

Hey, welcome to the only place better than Canada. Don't know if you would be interested; but I lost my hunting buddy late last year. No, I didn't shoot him!! Just had to move. So I'm looking for someone to hunt with too. 39, 220+/- decent shape. Self employed so time is not usually an issue. Big Bou on the wall, 2 moose in 3 years, wolf shot in moose season but lost looking for bears. Mechanic for 20 yrs on &off. 300WSM, 20g 22's .30 carbine; others. Shimano, Lamiglas, whatever it takes to land a fish. Good luck. Maybe someone else is looking for a partner?

Default LuJon. sounds good to me.

Your on. We will talk later.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    If you are talking about $160 to pour gas in a cub then (assuming cub/guy = some form of 2 seat piper a/c) when I am not over seas I am but a PM away! When home I have a very relaxed schedule. Not a beer drinker but I find a flask of Jamison or Dickel to be a bit lighter to carry. As for your pickup and wheelers, well you supply the whiskey and I'll spin wrenches till I forget which way to tighten a bolt. Oh I am 265 lbs and 6'5" tall but I pack light
    LuJon, are you sure you can fit into a cub?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast