Thread: Mat Valley Advisory Committee

Default Mat Valley Advisory Committee

Just a heads up that ALL of the Fish and Game Advosory Committees should have started holding their meetings. It doesn't cost a thing to attend, so please show up.

I am part of the Mat Valley AC and hold meetings every other Wednesdays at the MTA building in Palmer. We are having one tonight if you would like to go.

I December we will be holding our Elections, so if you are interested in being part of the solution you might want to consider running.

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    Just a heads up that ALL of the Fish and Game Advosory Committees should have started holding their meetings. It doesn't cost a thing to attend, so please show up.

I am part of the Mat Valley AC and hold meetings every other Wednesdays at the MTA building in Palmer. We are having one tonight if you would like to go.

I December we will be holding our Elections, so if you are interested in being part of the solution you might want to consider running.

Not meaning to hijack your thread but thought you might want to take this issue up at your AC and make sure your members are aware of the meeting in Palmer on the 13th.

Subject:
    Public Meetings to Discuss Sport Fish Guide Services Board Draft Language

Anchorage Wednesday, November 12, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
    Spenard Community Recreation Center
    2020 West 48th Avenue

Palmer
    Thursday, November 13, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
    Matanuska Telephone Association Building Services
    1740 S. Chugach St.

A link to the schedule for the interior?

Here are the next meeting dates. 11/19, 12/3, 12/17 all at the MTA building in Palmer. Also the Election date is 1/7.

Default Palmer A/C members planning to attend?

Subject: Public Meetings to Discuss Sport Fish Guide Services Board Draft Language

Palmer
    Thursday, November 13,7
    :00 – 9:00 p.m.
    Matanuska Telephone Association Building Services
    1740 S. Chugach St.

Default Next meeting

We have another meeting this Wednesday the 19th. We will be talking about Board of Game proposals.

We have until December 5th to put in proposals for all species in Game Management Units 6,7,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16, and 17.

Also on the table for ALL Game Management units is: Brown Bear tag fee exemptions and the reauthorizatinof antlerless moose hunts (annual requirement).

Again all proposal must be received via fax or mail by 5pm, Friday December 5th, 2008. Postmarks by this date is not sufficient!!!

Meeting starts at 7pm and ends at 10pm. Location: MTA building in Palmer. public comments are taken first, so you don't have to wait.

Troy
    746-5548

Thanks for the heads up on the meeting Troy.
    Lots of good information and I am glad to see we have a bunch of great folks trying to right by our resource! I am glad that I got the opportunity to sit in on my first meeting and see what it is all about. This certainly will not be my last either!

Default meetings

Where do you guys get the meeting time/date info??? It seems that whenever I get it, I'm a day late and dollar short.

Thanks,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlip View Post
    Where do you guys get the meeting time/date info??? It seems that whenever I get it, I'm a day late and dollar short.

Thanks,
    Jason
    I am part of the Mat Valley AC, so I am privvy to this info.

Our next meeting is Dec 3rd, 7pm, at the MTA building in Pamer. This will be our last meeting before the BOG proposals that are due Dec 5th.

I will continue to update this thread all winter on what the Mat Valley AC is doing.

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlip View Post

Thanks,
    Jason
    Notice Of Public Meeting For Anchorage Fish & Game Advisory Committee

Category: Public Notices
    Sub-Category: Advisory Committee MeetingDepartment: Fish & Game Publish Date:11/20/2008Location:Anchorage
    Coastal District: N/A

Body of Notice:
    The Anchorage Fish & Game Advisory Committee will meet November 25th at the Rabbit Creek Rifle Range at 6:30 pm to prepare comment on BOF PWS proposals and discuss potential BOG proposals. For more information, contact Aaron Bloomquist at 677-0405.

http://notes4.state.ak.us/pn/pubnoti...f?opendocument

You can sign up to receive notices by going to the above link and clicking on the 'home' page.

Mat Valley AC meeting - Wednesday December 3rd at the MTA building in Palmer @7pm.

Default Meeting tonite!

Mat Valley AC meeting tonight at 7pm at the Palmer MTA building.

Troy

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    .....I will continue to update this thread all winter on what the Mat Valley AC is doing.....
    Thanks.

Most particularly, I'm interested in the comment period on proposals before the Board votes on them.

Default Election night!

The MAT VALLEY AC is having it's meeting this Wed at the Wasilla High School. We have 7 open positions, so if you are interested in becoming a member of the MAT VALLEY AC please show up.

Any word on new AC board members? I am curious who left and who stepped up.

Default 4 new members

We did have our elections. We have 4 new members’ Robb Kuchenoff, Mel Grove, Glen Hold and Giuseppe Rossi. We gained some youth and I am looking forward to our next meeting and working with them. We did lose some experience though! We lost Mark Vingoe, Lonnie Stevens, Pat Oconner and our Chairman Denny.

We didn’t cover any proposals. Our next meeting is on the 21st and it is at the MTA building at 7pm.

Troy

Thanks Troy. Under different circumstances I would have been interested in throwing my hat in the ring. As it is I am shipping out in less than a week so I will have to watch from afar. At least I will be able to submit BOG proposal comments in writing!