Thread: Bob Maki bindings

Default Bob Maki bindings

Has anyone tried these? I'm looking for something that slips on and off a little easier.

Also, does anyone on here do any snowshoeing with the Jeff King Cabela's Boots? If so, what kind of bindings are you using?

Those Yoopers know a thing or two about snowshoes. Maki's bindings are simple and easy to get on and take off, but they do get a little stiff when it's really cold. They are by far the most common binding that you'll find in use in that region. I grew up on Iverson snowshoes with Maki bindings...both lasted for years! As a poor lad growing up, we would also make similar bindings out of big innertubes.

Ya, I grew up in da Yoop and everyone uses doze tings, eh. You can trust a Finlander to come up with something that works. They are great but they would get pretty stiff in really cold temps.

Will they fit over those big boots?

Sterling, Alaska

Smile Bob Maki bindings

I have used a set of these for several years and I am very happy with them. I have them on a pair of military magnesium shoes. They of course, like anything else in below zero weather, are not as pliable. This just requires a little more effort to stretch them over a big winter boot but it is not to bad. I would have to say that they would probably fit over just about any boot out there. They are also quick to put on and take off if (like I stated above)the temperature is not extremely cold (well below zero).