Thread: Another robin hood

Default Another robin hood

Got another robin hood while shooting a 3D goat at the den today. First arrow hit exactly where I wanted.....so did the second!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default Arrows

What are ya shooting, that can get expensive!!!!

No kidding....the sound of that WACK can get a little pricey these days!....still cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Got another robin hood while shooting a 3D goat at the den today. First arrow hit exactly where I wanted.....so did the second!

For the first few mintues you think it's the best thing in the world then you realize who much $$ you just lost.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Congrats!!!
    I'm nowhere near good but occassionaly I get lucky(? at $15 a pop is that really lucky) so I do the shoot one arrow, go pull it & shoot again system. Don't get near as many shots in for practice, but I think it makes for higher quality practice for me. I know that doesn't work well on public ranges, but it's great for my 30 yd indoor range!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Vance,

You need some 5 spot targets! One at a time gets more exercise in than shooting!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Vance,

You need some 5 spot targets! One at a time gets more exercise in than shooting!
    I have a couple Mud, but for me the one well placed shot & then start all over seems to work best.
    When I'm in the bow mode I leave the bow in the basement (I'm a pastor & shoot in the church basement. I lock doors so there is no safety issue & then shoot through 4 rooms & into a fifth (through 4 door jams just to keep the pressure on) & shoot a couple arrows anytime I wander through (I use the coffee pot in the basement to make me go up & down the stairs .... And make me wander past the bow) & then sometimes go down for a 15 minute session. If I'm in the bow mode a normal day will see me get 30-50ish arrows in from 8-30 yds.
    Besides, this fat boy NEED the exercise!!!!!
    Vance in AK.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I shoot gold tip hunters or traditionals. I haven't racked up to many yet, I don't think it's as common for traditional shooters as it is for compound shooters. Besides I can shoot that $15 arrow hundreds of times were as the .338 win/mag costs $2.75 every time I pull the trigger!
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quick pic of said arrows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member

Good shooting Rick. But i thought robin hood used wooden arrows. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Quick pic of said arrows.

By the way, nice hair cut. we must use the same barber
    Vance in AK.

Tradhntr

Dude wood arrows would be expensive! Besides in my neck of the woods you can sit and watch them warp in the quiver.

Vance
    So Mr Bick dose your hair too......great guy saves me tons of cash!
    BHA Member

With FOB's that would have been a FOB'n HOOD!
    Great shooting!

Taylor

Great shooting Rick. As for shooting carbon arrows, wouldn't even trying for Robin Hoods get expensive, as my understanding is nicking carbon arrows with the tip of another arrow can render arrows useless if they get any kind of crack in them, no? (have you seen the pics of carbon arrows shattering and going through someone's wrist on the let off?)

I'm still shooting aluminum as I haven't decided whether I want to upgrade my 10 year old + bow with new, faster, lighter carbon arrows, or if I want to replace it with an entirely new bow, with faster, lighter, carbon arrows.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    With FOB's that would have been a FOB'n HOOD!
    Great shooting!

Taylor
    Not sure the FOBS would work real well on trad bows shooting off the shelf...
    Vance in AK.

Thanks again guys!
    BHA Member