Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Tying Get-together

Default Fly Tying Get-together

Hey guys and gals,
    Going to start up with the Tie-In at 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle on Saturdays at 9 am. Will be there this coming Saturday and looking forward to hanging with you-all.

George

So is this going to be a weekly event or a one time thing?

And will this include some instruction or just a show me yours and I will show you mine kind of thing?

I know I could use a few tips (uhh.... actually a whole lot of help but don't tell anyone) in the fly tying area.

This is usually a weekly thing unless most of us have other things planned and then it will skip a weekend or the fly shop has other needs for the space.

As far as instruction, we all share how to's and tricks and patterns. If someone wants to find out about a pattern we will get someone that knows how to tie that pattern. It is a great time lying ang tying and some other info like floats and get-aways and other cool stuffs. Hope to see you at one or all.

George

What time will the tying sessions end on Saturday?

We usually hang out for 1-1/2 to two hours. You can leave anytime you want, this is just hanging out and or tying flies. Any flies you want or se can do a theme if someone wants.

George

Default George

I can't make it this weekend, but would like to see how you dub with the Nor-Vise. If you will be there next weekend, I will bring my vise or dubbing table to get a few pointers. I watched Norm last year, but he makes everything look easy and doesn't demonstrate the table on his videos.

Wyatt

I'll show up for at least one this year.....sorry but Gunther was a real handfull last year.........like thats changed at all!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Had a couple guys at the Tie In. We tied on our own patterns and had coffee and donuts.

Any Patterns that you would like to work on let me know early in the week so I can line up someone to share technique. Bid thanks to 3 Rivers for making space for us to hangut.

George

Looking forward to the fly tying session this Saturday. Hope some of you can find the time to stop by and tie. If you have a pattern or method to share or want to learn come on by.

George

I'll be bringing my NorVise and dubbing table if anyone wants to try it out. Thanks George!

Wyatt

Had a good time on Saturday. There were three of us and we went over dubbing using the Nor-Vise and Wool head design. While wool head is not my strong point we worked on a few different techniques to accomplish the desired effect. Maybe someone that real proficient can stop by and give us a little lesson? If this is you, contact me and we can let others know.

Looking forward to next Saturday...

George

This last meeting was a fun one, having two other tiers and one checking us out. We will NOT be meeting this next Saturday; you know the one after Thanksgiving. Hanging out with the family, doing something together will be the order of the day. Maybe checking out 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle store wide sale will be one such activity...

I have in no way any financial benefit or any other benefit from 3 rivers or any other entity for the above post. BUT if this stimulates you to come by and hang out with us on our fly tie innís then so be it...

Shameful Burbot George

maybe I'll show up some time...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Hey tiers,
    Saterday the 6th lets meet up and tie some flies at 3 Rivers at 9 am. I will be there until about 10:20 then I got to cut out and head to a wedding in the big village of Anchorage. Hope to see ya there.

George

Hey Ya'll,
    Getting together again this Sat. at 3 Rivers , 9:00 a.m. for some tying. Get thos fly boxes for Christmas started or finished. Hope to see some there.

George

hey George this saturday as it tomorrow the 13th?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Powder M,
    YEP, YEP, this Saturday as in today...

Geroge

Last Tie Inn for the 08 year. Will be ther around 9 am. Hope everyone is ready for Christmas. Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas, be safe so tight loops are in your futrue.

Hope to see ya Saturday.

George

Starting ut up again this Saturday at 3 Rivers in Wasilla at 9 am.

Hope to see ya there.

George

Hey Tiers,
    Sorry to report that something came up for me and I will be unable to make it to the 3 Rivers Tie Inn tomorrow, Sat 17th. Hopefully you all will get this message in time.

Next time,

George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast