Thread: Let's see those boxes!!

Default Let's see those boxes!!

Well, I have never been very organized in the box on the Grizz, so this weekend a bought a couple of dry bags and tried to tidy things up a bit. 1 bag has all the emergency gear in it. The other bag has extra clothes in for when things get wet or cold and, of course, the cooler for food, drinks, ammo and other little things. Found a neat little spot at the back of the seat for the tow strap. I get tired of trying to get that strap out and it pulls everything else with it. Seems like I have more room now and I can pull any of the 3 items (or all 3) and strap it on the front rack if I should need more room in the box. So how do all of your boxes look???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    EricL

Not so high tech. I use a rubber maid action packer that is ratchet strapped down. Holds the full camp and all the emergency gear. I have one of the more high tech "resting seats" that I carry on the back for the kids. It is similar to your box, but I found the odd shape does not work as well as the action packer. And the action packer is a really cheap solution.

I have an argo so space is not really an issue unless i take the whole family with me. I have 3 pelican cases one with the first aid kit more like a field surgery kit even has sutures and litacane for numbing! the other has my tool kit that is everything I need to fix the beast. the third has a survival kit with matches, dehydrated meals, 550 cord, fire starters, rain gear, small camp fire cook set, multi tool, compass, emergancy blanket x3, wind up flash light, and a few other ods and ends one might need in a pinch. they get stowed in the back and still have plenty of room for two riders and their feet back there.

Default I'll have some pics

when I get mine mounted.
    I have always worked with the soft bags, one - they were cheaper and I reasoned that being low it wouldn't get in the way if I had to bail. Watching a few rolls and flops this year on rides I saw where the hard box really helped create a "space" for the rider and turned a few rolls into flops.
    Well, I don't have any more money but I picked up a 35WX12DX14H truck box and am hard mounting it.
    Post up your pics guys!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

I got a hard box at wally-world for about $22. Holds a ton of stuff and I wratchet-strap it to the rear rack. It did, in fact, turn a roll-over into a flop-on-its-side. Glad it was there.

heres some boxes

Here are the boxes on our machines. The one on the silver 700 was @250 bucks at Arctic Cat in Anchorage. The red 700 has a box from Sportmans Warehouse for about the same amount. The box on the silver machine is nicer for the same money. More user friendly and better padding and a little more room.
    Attached Images Attached Images