Pretty fairly calm year for me other than one instance.
During our annual Chitnia trip things where going as usual picking up reds on the drift down at the lower limit. On our last pass we pulled in a monster king and started heading back up the canyon.
So we started up the canyon and the 150 Honda started to surge and I was trying to find a safe haven ASAP. It wasn't quite fast enough and we was at the mercy of the current, almost bobbin' off the walls of the canyon if it wasn't for a long oar we had. Ain't no chance of effectively throwing an anchor in the canyon. Finally back down to the lower limit we through a 25# rictor anchor and a additional 30# weight. We where still heading for Cordova!
Finally, another boat saw we was in trouble and threw us a tow rope. Once on shore we looked everything over and saw nothing wrong with the fuel lines. I thought for sure it was computer probs and I was going to be screwed at the bottom of the canyon.
We sat there for a good while pondering and going over everything time after time. Grabbed the quick release on the fuel polly and it came unattached. The fuel male connector was on the female but was not clicked together. Found out when we pulled that last king in the net went over the poly drum and disconnected the fuel line just enough to take in air.
No polys for next year! Karolds is going to weld a tank in. But was relieved that it was not $$$$ computer problem or fault outboard.