Thread: Rem XCR 300 win mag

Default Rem XCR 300 win mag

Just recieved my new 300 mag (with Leupold 3X9) and man am I'm happy!
    I was a little apprehensive when I lifted the unit and felt how light it was.
    I'm 6' 240 but still hate a sharp kick so I was already looking at mag-na-port as a reality even before test firing. I was frankly amazed at how little the rifle kicked. I have a mdl. 7 7mm-08 that kicks noticabley sharper. I was however, very disappointed in the trigger. After taking the XPro tag off the guard that tells of it being the best out of the box trigger I pulled it and what a joke.
    Creep at about 5 lbs. and brake at 6lbs. Worst trigger of all my rifles (out of the box). At $1,000 the rifle shouldn't need gunsmithing for a clean 3lb trigger. I just bought a Tika T3 (243) and at less than half the money it has a very sweet (O of B) trigger. O'well the xcr mag-na-port $ will now go into the trigger.

Try a limbsaver recoil pad. I'm 6'4 as well and it added about an inch to my LOP. took out alot of recoil on my .338
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

light?? Thats still a 7.5 pound rifle is it not? Before scope and full mag...

I would have to agree that the X_marks suck, but the rifle itself should stand all the weather up here. Word of advice, install a Timney, Rifle Basix, or Jewell then bed the action and float the barrel channel.