Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas this year?

Default Christmas this year?

I am thinking this is going to be a guns n ammo Christmas in my house. I never thought it would really come to this. Media seems to ignore the hundreds of stories that tell us who BO really is. Putting everything else aside, his policies, statements, and votes on gun issues from hunting to concealed carry are the most frightening any of us have likely ever seen. Makes old Bill look like a freaking sportsman. Its looking like this election is going to help me decide what I want for Christmas. Scary times. Realize I am preaching to the choir here, but does anybody else want to grab half of Americans by the coat, shake them and say "What the hell?"

I'm with you, bud.

Just goes to show folks dont care about facts, its all emotion and a popualrity contest.

Default Same here.

I know my wish list has changed in the last month. I told the wife want to build an AR before i either cant buy one or cant afford one. A friend from work that has an FFL said gun sales have definatly increased in the last month. Dont get me wrong im glad to finally get my AR but the reason why sucks. Looks like the Democrates are coming boys buyem why you can! Hillbilly

I hope and pray that we are worrying about it for nothing. BO is sure spending a lot of greenbacks on advertising in the last days prior to the vote count for someone who suposedly has it wrapped up. Do not rely on anything the media has to say. If he does win then the "Cold dead fingers thing does apply"

I have been making a few purchases in regards...a few guns but mostly ammo.

I have been doing the "Snopes" thing on all of the anti Obama stuff I get. The scary part is that the worst ones come back as true.

I live in a small midwest town that is home to the second most liberal college west of the Mississippi. This college owns this town, yet there are more John & Sara signs in the yards than Barry & Joe signs. I know some very dedicated hard core democrats that will have no part of BO. I just hope the rest of the country sees through him.

All in all it just makes me more thankful for all of you guys on the forum and the unity we share through our common bond. God, guns and guts made this country and at least the members of this forum still see it that way!

ME 2!

I will purchase by March of next year (hopefully before any new bills can get passed)
    1 Flat top AR
    5 Ruger 10/22's
    1 G20
    1 .40 cal
    1 17 HMR

and a larger gun safe!

Thanks for your replies. Seeing that others are in this too makes me feel better. Been getting more and more frustrated by the whole thing in the last few days. I agree, the polls could be wrong.

On the one hand I take comfort in my strong believe that most Americans aren't at all like or in agreement with this guy... but I also feel as though they need to at least be provided with the necessary information to make an informed choice. Sadly I think most won't make the effort on their own this time around. The media flatly ignores the history that the people need to hear to make an informed choice.

I have honestly never been so flatly afraid for our country as I am right now. There have been candidates that have come and gone over the years that were worrisome, but not so flatly terrifying.

On a positive note, its a better time than ever to live in Alaska. Pray for our country. Pray for us on Tuesday.

EKC, as I recall your from Iowa... the local picture you're painting (and I believe you) is quite different than what the polls are say about Iowa. I hope you're right. Here in Montana there is a slight edge for McCain but it could go either way.

Hopefully the fact that McCain is an underdog in a fairly close race is good I think, because it will motivate folks to get out and vote for him. We'll see what happens Tues night.

This may not be the time or the place for this but here goes anyway. If your offended then I appoligize up front.

The first half of my life was pretty rugged and I left no stones unturned. Then something happened that changed it all (Ok I'm still a little rough around the edges)smile. Prolly always will be!

I watched a movie called "Left Behind". That movie is about the later days and is based in the book of Revelation. I was still sceptical about the whole God thing until one day I issued a challenge to God. Yup you heard me right. I said "God if you are really real and all of this is true then reveal yourself to me". There was no thunderous voice or lightening bolts or anything of the sort. However slowly but surely He conviced this old hard headed Swede that He is indeed without a doubt real and that I was in need of him. Ya might think ole EKC just went over the edge. I don't care. The bottom line is that BO could just be fullfilling Biblical prophecy. That be the case he still ain't got nothing on God and in the end that will be made very clear. Somebody has to be the Anti-Christ and if its him then he isn't gonna get the opportunity to do any 666ing on my noggin! Cuz I am not getting left behind!

Sorry for teaching sunday school on a shooting forum but some things are more important than our guns......guns are a close second though!

Default Thoughts from Canada

Sitting here in Alberta, I've read this thread with interest. Some of you may know that we just finished a federal election here in Canada, and Stephen Harper is back for another term. This is generally a good thing for us, I believe.

It is also interesting how closely we Canadians are following your Presidential election. Issues of sovereignty aside, as America goes, Canada goes as well. It's kinda like sleeping with an elephant. The elephant may never know you're there, but you feel every twitch he makes. And if he happens to roll over...

From what I've gathered, most Canadians feel much as you do. Obama scares the heck out of a lot of people here, too. And EKC, I share your perspective on the end times. We hope and pray that this isn't the beginning of the end, but if it is, well, we know it had to end sometime. And if one happens to hope in the Lord, then that's maybe not a bad thing.

But for all you Americans, please know that many of your brothers in Canada are praying for you and your country during this pivotal time. In a very real sense, we're all in this together.

Take care,

Terry

Default Crust of the Man

For me it's all about the crust of the man. His morale compass and integrity. I can honestly say that I'm concerned that when nobody is looking I'm afraid of what BO would be doing. McCain has proven what he does when nobody is looking, A True American Hero. Let's all pray that God will intervene with this election.

Terry D, I for one, and I know many others who very much appreciate your prayers and the prayers of our brothers and sisters in Canada.

EKC, I'm pretty much with ya. I dont think that BHO is the antichrist but that's a topic for another thread in another forum. And I agree, that guns are not the most important things in life. Let's face it, they are our big boy toys and to some extent and extension of us and a connection to providing sustinance and security as well as accomplishment. To many of us they have a great intrinsic value. I think we all know though, that our thundersticks wont be following us out of this life. I really don't know what will happen if BHO is elected, I can only speculate. But what I DO KNOW is that my God is way bigger than BHO or any political figure or party. In that knowledge, I have no fear or worry and rest secure.

EKC....I couldn't agree with you more. Only thing is that we have no idea how long this road may go before we're finally there. I don't have the power to change our destiny any more than I would want to. I don't plan to be in this place through to the end either. The parallels between our man BO and what is prophesied are undeniable; and frankly that's one of my only comforts going into this election. That is, that either way, its out of my hands.

That said, I am of course still praying that God will intervene in this election for the better. Knowing that things have to get worse before they get better doesn't stop me from hoping people will make good decisions.

..... and I am till buying some new toys this Christmas. :-)

PS - "Signs of the Times" by M.R. DeHaan is a great quick read on this stuff. Goes through end times prophecy as it applies to events unfolding today.

Terry D,

Awesome post. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I have lots of relatives in Canada, New Brunswick mostly. Always amazes me how closely they follow our elections and political cycles. I know they feel exactly as you describe right about now.

Take care...

This thread needs moving. It's no longer about what guns we want for the holidays, it's now about religious prophecy and politics.

Maybe the General Discussion forum, folks? I come to the Shooting forum to talk shooting.

I'll just say this: Every single attempt to interpret biblical text predicting the imminent end times so far has been wrong.

Every. Single. One.

Sen. Obama is a good and decent man. He's an honorable American. Disagreeing with his politics does not make him the devil. Same goes for Sen. McCain. Can we talk about shooting now?

I'm pushing my wife for a CZ 550 in 9.3 x 62. She's reluctant, but I'm thinking of pulling out the big guns:

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 Mauser View Post
    This thread needs moving. It's no longer about what guns we want for the holidays, it's now about religious prophecy and politics.

Maybe the General Discussion forum, folks? I come to the Shooting forum to talk shooting.

I'll just say this: Every single attempt to interpret biblical text predicting the imminent end times so far has been wrong.

Every. Single. One.

Sen. Obama is a good and decent man. He's an honorable American. Disagreeing with his politics does not make him the devil. Same goes for Sen. McCain. Can we talk about shooting now?

I'm pushing my wife for a CZ 550 in 9.3 x 62. She's reluctant, but I'm thinking of pulling out the big guns:
    OK, let's talk shooting... do you have a clue to what Obama's record on guns and shooting is??? Do you remeber hin mention about us clinging to our religion and guns? Do you know his track record? If you don't there will be plenty here to help you out on that score.

Agreed. No point discussing this further here. I didn't see anyone making a prediction about the end of the world though. Only a few folks, including myself, noting that some would say that events of late (I would say the last 50 yrs) could be fit nicely into Biblical prophecy (if you even believe in that sort of thing). Albeit that is off topic for a shooting forum and we should stick to shooting. My apologies for sure.

I originally posted because I had just spent a few hours researching Obama's track record on firearm ownership and the politics therein. I read about his state and federal senatorial voting record, read speeches he has given on the topic and read excerpts from radio and television interviews he has done. That left me so mind numbingly disturbed at the thought of anyone that far left being this close to the presidency that I came here to see if anyone else was honestly beginning to see themselves stocking up on a few things this guy clearly would like for us not to have. Turns out there are at least a few.

Since this is a shooting forum we should stay completely away from the friends with domestic and foreign terrorists thing, the tax thing, the redistribution of earned income thing, the abortion thing, and the energy thing (see recent audio tape on bankrupting the coal industry through carbon penalties).

So, just looking at someone who truly believes the federal government should control my right to protect myself and my family, then I have to respectfully disagree that such a person is "a good and decent man.... an honorable American." Honestly, we will have to agree to disagree on that.

Its going to be a good Christmas though.

Well, I like both lines of this thread but I'll try to stick with the original post.
    Christmas started early for me last week. I bought a long desired M1 Carbine. USGI of course and made in 1944 (mostly). Maybe not high on the 'list' of evil guns but it is a military semi-auto that uses detatchable mags and has a bayonet lug so I figured I'd better do it now. Added 1k rounds and will be stuffing my stockings with more of that in the near future.
    Just had a thought . . . maybe my official present to myself should be a Garand. I think that'd make a nice pair.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

I give myself a yearly pat on the back. This year was super nice for me, new Armalite .223/Burris4.5-14/42. Also have another pistol in mind and a few thousand rounds. Oh and some reloading gear.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I think I am going to ask for ammunition and reloading supplies.

Default Xmas

Well im sitting here watching the election and decided the AR gets ordered tomorrow. High cap mags and Ammo in my stocking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast