Thread: Sierra .224 55gr FMJ

Default Sierra .224 55gr FMJ

I cannot locate this bullet anywhere...store or internet. Does anyone know when they will be available again??

I heard the military is sucking them up as fast as Sierra can make them. Something to do with a new rifle.

Great Northern Guns off Tutor Rd. I just bought a bag full. they sell them by the pound.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Default Probably NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    I cannot locate this bullet anywhere...store or internet. Does anyone know when they will be available again??

I heard the military is sucking them up as fast as Sierra can make them. Something to do with a new rifle.
    The military no longer uses the 55 grn bullets to load 223. Their ammo has 62 &69 grn bullets .
    The production of these bullets would come before civilian components though, since they would have a contract to meet.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Float Pilot, are you sure those are Sierra bullets?

Hornady

55 gr @ $12.00/lb

When I was in there I saw Hornady not Sierra, but I couldve missed em someplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    Float Pilot, are you sure those are Sierra bullets?

Default Graf & Sons

online have several types of 55grfmj, including Sierra, Hornady and Federal at excellent prices with fair shipping prices. I've bought from them many times.

Default graf

Graf is out of stock Sierra 55gr FMJ

I think in the near term you're going to find alot of places are sold out of most anything related to the .223 and ar-15's.

You might traff midsouth, they'll ship in USPS flat rate mailers which helps with shipping, I got 2000 of their 55 gr .224 varmint nightmare bullets and a 600 pack of the hornady a-max last week.

+1000 on everyone being out of reloading components. I usually get brass from sportsmans or one of the dealers i know sends up bags of stuff for cheap.

Everywhere I have went, even my dealer buddies is wiped out right now. I got lucky and chanced on 2 sacks of .223 brass (still in sealed bags) at the sportsmans return bins. They came home with me. Now if only i could get some more primers... (600 rds to load, but 100 primers in the house...lol)

You could try Ammo Man out in healy. He's probably wiped out with everyone else though. He usually has good deals on stuff though.