Thread: How do I upload images here from Flickr?

Default How do I upload images here from Flickr?

Read over the tuturial sticky here about posting pictures, but can't figure out how to upload images from Flickr to the forum. I don't see the "img" file that the tuturial speaks of. Is that specific to Photobucket which the tutorial shows? Or can I get the same done with Flickr? Thanks for any thoughts.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Click on All Sizes of the image you want to post on here.
    At the bottom of the image you will see 2 links, copy the second one.
    Paste the link in between image tags [img]copied link here[/img] in your post here.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it now...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I see the thumbnails attached. The first attempt failed, then I noticed the max 800 x 500 size. I choose a smaller image under "all sizes" in Flickr, and that worked. But I am not wanting to share these thumbnails. How do I post a full size image? I have occasionally wanted to share some images here, but can't seem to get them uploaded properly. I am certain I am the problem, but need some help nonetheless.

I haven't a clue as to why you can't link the images from your flickr photostream to here. My only guess would be that you did properly use the image tags [img][/img]. There should be no spaces in between the tags and the flickr link.

Not like this with spaces.
    [img] http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3195/...94e105e8_o.jpg [/img]

This is the 800 X 600 large version of the above link using the second link from Flickr with no spaces in the image tags.

If that still doesn't work, try using OILU http://kleel.nfshost.com/oilu.html to link the images to here.

BTW you posted a couple of nice images.

I must be doing something wrong. I choose a flickr image (500x334) and copied the url (second link below the image after choosing "all sizes", I put it in the second box in manage attachments here on the forum, put the [img]url link[/img] but it does not seem to work. Below is the error message I got here on the forum.

Upload Errors
    :
    Invalid File

OK, thats confusing. It said "error" but I see the image did upload above. Is it normal to get the "error" sign?

Trying again...

Ok, nothing happened. I will copy and paste the error message like earlier...

:

So what ever I am doing, when I try to attach using the "manage attachments" here on the forum, it is not going through and I get an error message. But if I copy and paste that error message, the image is displayed. Hmmm. Anyone willing to help out the tard?

I don't use "Manage Attachments" unless I want to upload directly from my computer.
    Linking directly from Flickr all you need to do is type in the image tags [img][/img] in your post and copy the link from Flickr into it.
    Try it with another image without using the "Manage Attachments" option, the image should show up in your post without any errors.
    You can use the Preview Post button before submitting your reply to see if the images show up without any errors.

Thanks for the continued assistance. I will try it again...

AkSKeyMoe,

I sure appreciate the help here. Nice to be able to upload full size images here. Can't believe it took me three years to figure it out. Embarassing. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    AkSKeyMoe,

I sure appreciate the help here. Nice to be able to upload full size images here. Can't believe it took me three years to figure it out. Embarassing. Thank you for your time.
    3 years??? Holy crap! Judging by the images you've been uploading it's well worth the wait! WOW they are beautiful images!
    Glad I could help.

Thanks for the kind words. And thanks even more for the info on posting images. I appreciate your time. Now that I can upload images, here are a few from the Kenai in May.

And a few more...