Thread: Ski-Doo eTec sleds

Default Ski-Doo eTec sleds

Dos anyone have some experience with one of these? I'm thinking of selling my Arctic Cat T660 ST and picking up a Summit 600 with the eTec. I like my 4 stroke, its quiet and very fuel efficient, thought Ski-doo is claiming the same of their new motors. I'm wondering if they are living up to the hype.

Default I'll try

I will try and help you if you will try and help me as I am in the market for another machine myself.

From my understanding about the new e-tec is that it was initially and still is designed to be a boat motor. Therfore if you travel long distances all the time at the same speed it will do exactly what they claim. However if you stop and go or speed up and slow down frequently it will not get the gas mileage nor near the performance claimed. Not claiming to be an expert that is just what I have been told by some locals and Doo owners.

Now my turn How do you like that T660 ST? Which one do you have touring, trail, 200?, etc Are you famaliar with the 09 Bearcat Z1 XT? If so what do you think about the 4 stroke engine, weight, etc?

The 4 stroke have great torque and fuel economy, nice and quiet too. They are heavier, and only have electric start, but I havent had any problems starting in the cold. Mine is an '05, with 121" track, its a great ride on trails. Iteven gets around pretty good in powder, as long as I'm paying attention. I dont have any experience with the Z1, its larger displacement so they didnt need a turbo. I think the 4 stroke is perfect for a utility machine, and I really like mine, I would like more track though.