Thread: anchor river this weekend??

Default anchor river this weekend??

anybody thinking of fishing the anchor this weekend??? i can't make up my mind ?? go? no go?

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Pretty tough going last weekend. Lots of slush and ice to contend with besides the fact there were very few fish. With the cold temps of this week, I would think it would be even more difficult to get a drift in. Give a report if you go though. Would like to hear if it is still fishable.

Default went today (Thursday)

Went today. Lots of shelf ice which covers whole strectches of the Anchor in places and takes out some good water. Slush drifting down which makes it tough to get a drift in when a fishable piece of water is found. Water is real low. Water gauge is misleading as there is a lot of ice which in turn is pushing the flow higher when it goes over or around the ice. This makes the water guage read higher than what it really is.

Saw five or six cars parked down by the lower part of the river. We fished for four or five hours and found a few steelies and some dollies. I would have to say that if it gets any colder or even if it the weather stays like it is now that it is all but over for the season. Need a chinook wind to come in for a day or two to warm things up and to bring water level back up. But still it is steelhead fishing and there are some available so...

thanks for the reports guys think i'm done for the season well at least till the water gets hard enough to walk on .

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default Next week

Looks like the weather is going to go above freezing temperatures next week by Weds. and I've just got to go down and try one more time.

My first year steelheading this year and I'm hooked! I'll report back next weekend....jim