Thread: Got my Bison done

Default Got my Bison done

Well a year later almost to the date I shot it in 2007 ,I got it mounted. Just waiting for an airbrush part I broke to finish up details. The wife will be surprised when she's gets home ,She been bugging me to mount it ever since I got it back from the tannery
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Looks great. I've been waiting for mine for about 10 months now. The taxidermist said he's had the hide done and the form is in, it's just a matter of time before he gets to put them together. No big rush, but I can't wait to see it.

Congrats!

Forgot what a pain in the butt they were to do. I needed 4 arms. No wonder why I loved mounting African game ,Light and not much hair Unless it was a girafe but that's another story

Beautiful job dude.......I like it alot. BTW! you never did stop by the house on the way to Delta for that hunt......I see how it is

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Beautiful job dude.......I like it alot. BTW! you never did stop by the house on the way to Delta for that hunt......I see how it is
    Yep that's how it is ....You never stoped by on your way back from your halibut trip

If you ever need another hand on something like that give me a call. Either myself or my son Justin would be glad to help out. Nice looking mount.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    If you ever need another hand on something like that give me a call. Either myself or my son Justin would be glad to help out. Nice looking mount.
    If my wife still wants me to do a full body mount on my zebra ,I'll give you a call . But I'm trying to get her to just let me do a pedestal mount. And I told here she could have the rest of the hide for pillows .

LOL... Justin is enthralled with the whole taxidermy thing. He'd be glad to help.

Default I have to go on my hunt this week

I was wandering what the going rate for a mount like that is these days. The hunt is pretty much once in a lifetime, so i want to get a head mount done and have the rest turned into a rug. Anybody have a good idea how much that is going to set me back?
    Also I ahve always been a straight meat hunter and never done mounts, what do i have to do when skinning it out to ensure a good mount?
    No details are unappreciated.

Thanks
    Andrew

Default Bison Mount

I just turned in my Bison for a shoulder mount to WD Taxidermy. He is in the book yellow pages under Taxidermy. WD has mounted a bear, sheep, caribo and wolverine for me and I would recommend him to anyone. He is charging me 1375.00 for the Bison mount. That is a good price. Check around and see.

Rick