Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Update on the dogs.

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10

    Red face Update on the dogs.

    Looks like this is still a topic that is generating alot of discussion. Frankly, I have not been watching the forum for a couple of weeks so I was surprised that there are still threads floating around. Here is the update. The Beagle is making a full recovery. The tip of my finger has very little feeling, my hand is still sore, and the finger is still broken, but thank goodness that it did not get infected (a fang went all the way in and broke the bone, could have caused a bone infection (amputation of the tip)) or that I had had to go through those rabies shots. As of yesterday animal control had not made direct contact with the owner (13 days and counting). They did send him some information but I have no idea what. You know, I would have marked it as an unfortunate accident if "old Frank" would have apoligized, helped get his dog off me and my dog or had not told me that "this is what you and your dog deserve for coming down here" (while watching from 50 ft away). Frank is squatting on the right of way and does not own the land. The animal control people will not visit Frank without a Trooper escort as, "there are other issues in play, and a history of problems." My daughter is O.K., but she has not mentioned hunting since the incident, and I doubt if she will ever be a pit bull fan. That is the tragedy. You watch your kid crying while her dog is dumping blood on her lap and just try to give the "guy a break". I have thought about what I could have done differently that day, but I cannot think of a better overall result for my family and pet, afterall I can always find another place to hunt. The next time I post on this forum It will be to tell you about a great hunting day or to show you some great pictures. Hopefully my daughters or son will be in them.

  2. #2
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskadad View Post
    Looks like this is still a topic that is generating alot of discussion. Frankly, I have not been watching the forum for a couple of weeks so I was surprised that there are still threads floating around. Here is the update. The Beagle is making a full recovery. The tip of my finger has very little feeling, my hand is still sore, and the finger is still broken, but thank goodness that it did not get infected (a fang went all the way in and broke the bone, could have caused a bone infection (amputation of the tip)) or that I had had to go through those rabies shots. As of yesterday animal control had not made direct contact with the owner (13 days and counting). They did send him some information but I have no idea what. You know, I would have marked it as an unfortunate accident if "old Frank" would have apoligized, helped get his dog off me and my dog or had not told me that "this is what you and your dog deserve for coming down here" (while watching from 50 ft away). Frank is squatting on the right of way and does not own the land. The animal control people will not visit Frank without a Trooper escort as, "there are other issues in play, and a history of problems." My daughter is O.K., but she has not mentioned hunting since the incident, and I doubt if she will ever be a pit bull fan. That is the tragedy. You watch your kid crying while her dog is dumping blood on her lap and just try to give the "guy a break". I have thought about what I could have done differently that day, but I cannot think of a better overall result for my family and pet, afterall I can always find another place to hunt. The next time I post on this forum It will be to tell you about a great hunting day or to show you some great pictures. Hopefully my daughters or son will be in them.

    Glad everything is good! hope you and yoru family a speedy recovery, both physically and mentally.

    Ray
    Semper Fi!

  3. #3
    Member AlaskaTrueAdventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Paradise (Alaska)
    Posts
    1,543

    Default Next hunt...

    One of the most enjoyable recent threads was when a forum member simply asked for "trophy considerations" for his young daughter and their upcoming first deer hunt together. Hopefully one of your next forum contributions will be just as pleasant and enjoyable.

    Good luck with your daughter, your pup, and your finger.
    Get everybody feeling better and go out and have a great hunt!!!

    Dennis B.
    AK TAGS

  4. #4
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    If you are ever planning to be up Talkeetna way drop me a PM. My recently turned 9 y.o. daughter and I would love to go out with you guys on a bunny hunt.

  5. #5

    Default

    Sounds as though you are doing OK with it. It is hard to be mad at Frank and the pits, when you have the dog catchers and troopers setting the example. Too bad for the loss of hunting grounds, but there are still a few places where you can go, they are getting fewer and further in between though. That was a pretty convienient place for the bunch coming from Anchorage.

  6. #6
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    I still think poor ol' Franks dogs should be the "quarry"!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  7. #7

    Default Huh

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Sounds as though you are doing OK with it. It is hard to be mad at Frank and the pits, when you have the dog catchers and troopers setting the example. Too bad for the loss of hunting grounds, but there are still a few places where you can go, they are getting fewer and further in between though. That was a pretty convienient place for the bunch coming from Anchorage.
    Ok Res, I gotta give ya crap about this post.

    Most of the time on here, you're all for personal accountability and bashing liberals (not faulting you for that understand, just sayin').

    Now, it seems you're saying that it's the fault of gubmint not doing it's job, and don't be mad at the person who isn't taking any personal accountability, in this instance?

    Help me understand the distinction, my friend...

  8. #8
    Member tboehm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soldotna AK
    Posts
    2,407

    Default can't believe it

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskadad View Post
    As of yesterday animal control had not made direct contact with the owner (13 days and counting). They did send him some information but I have no idea what. The animal control people will not visit Frank without a Trooper escort as, "there are other issues in play, and a history of problems."

    So what are they telling you and why have both agencies not done their JOB!!! I thought that the deal with rabies is that the animals have to be tested or you are taking your life into your own hand by not starting the treatments I'm glad to hear that you are doing better and hopefully you can get your daughter back out soon. I might even suggest that you take AKHUNT up on his offer as a way to get her back out. Please keep us updated with her progress.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    Ok Res, I gotta give ya crap about this post.

    Most of the time on here, you're all for personal accountability and bashing liberals (not faulting you for that understand, just sayin').

    Now, it seems you're saying that it's the fault of gubmint not doing it's job, and don't be mad at the person who isn't taking any personal accountability, in this instance?

    Help me understand the distinction, my friend...
    I understand your ??? about "what was he thinking"?. But in this case the original poster chose to go the route of the govt taking care of things. So be it, his choice. But I was merely attempting to point out when things don't go as you thought they might, or wished, it is then time to place the blame directly where it is warranted. In this particular case, he chose to turn it over to the dog catchers and the AK State Troopers. Nothing has happened and likely very little will, if anything. I think the distinction must be made early on in the process of what actions the victim took and what actions each of us think we might have taken. I "probably" would have taken a different course of action, but that is neither here nor there. It did not happen to me. Therefore, in this guy's case, are you saying then that we should continue to be mad at Frank and the dogs, or the "gubmint"? It was turned over to them for action, and none has been forthcoming. So yes, I place the blame on the "gubmint" at this point.

  10. #10
    Member Stanly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    954

    Default Amazing Akres!

    I'm darn near speechless, it's not hard to be mad at ole Franka and the pits at all!???? Ah, no problem here. Because certin agencies have not executed their duties as they should, all blame should be shifted to them and good ole Frank and his poor misunderstood little babies get a pass??? You see, if someone had gone back to ole Franks and shot his 2 WPOS dogs right in his (oops, that's right, he's squattin) yard/porch or whatever it is he doesn't have, like should have happened then you would have seen those agencies in action swiftly and with all of their might. So you can't EVER take things into your own hands. The victim in this case sounds like just a regular hard working guy with a family, tried to do the right thing and got screwed. Your logic or lack there of is just amazing. We have become such a litigated society that if you dare do anything that is just and right, you are wrapped up in the legal system feeling the full force of that, which is not plesant. But be assured, poor ole Frank would have lawyers lined up to portray him as the victim here, poor guy. I'm pretty sure you could ask any 5th grader what part of this story is right and which part is wrong and I'd bet most of them would "get it". Yhea, gee, what was I thinking, poor ole Frank, I better give this a little more thought. The biggest thing that I'm so tired of is trying to be told not to believe what is self evident, right in front of your face, that it isn't what it is. This incident is what it is, everyone's comments and thoughtful thoughts for poor ole Frank don't change anything. Go back and read the victims original post and imagine yourself in the jaws of those dogs and come back and talk to me about poor ole Frank and his puppies. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! It's only 9:30am and after this I'm ready for a beer!

  11. #11
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    . AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! It's only 9:30am and after this I'm ready for a beer!


    hey its noon somwhere...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  12. #12
    Member Stanly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    954

    Default Typical

    Having been in a situation where I did take matters into my own hands, I shot what I thought was a stray cat that had been coming into my house on a regular basis. We had cats also, they used a cat door to come in and go out. This cat became a problem, it was very large, it was violent, it chased our cats into the house, it tried to take meat off of the counter tops, it was caught in the crib with our grandson hissing. After calling animal control, the police, who just refer you to animal control. Well there were no ordinances for cats, therefore nothing animal control could/would do. They won't lend you a trap, they won't come out and pick them up if they're dead in your yard or anything. You're on your own. So one Sunday, I'm sitting in the living room and reading the paper and one of our cats goes haulin ***** through the house followed by this cat. I wanted to grab the .22 but the guns were all locked up in the gun safe (good place for them you know, being an alcoholic) so I grabbed my bow. Now at that time I use to shoot about 200 - 300 arrows a day and could hit dimes at 20yds with no problem. This cat was sitting by the cat door "inside" the house. I was going to just give him a 3rd eye. Well my wife came up behind me and yelled out "what are you doing" so I flinched and jerked the release. The arrow skipped off the floor and scewered the cat through the hips and it got out the open patio door going out to the pool. It turns out the cat belonged to the neighbor. The arrow had a field tip on it not a broadhead. To make a very long story short, I spent 2 years tied up in court, the neighbor was the poor victim, the cat was fine. So I know very well what happens when you take matters into your own hands. Had my wife not startled me ole felixdomesticusamericanus would have had an arrow between the eyes and that would have been the end of the story. But it didn't turn out that way. I'm pretty darn sure that that is the reason no one has just gone over to poor ole Franks and shot the dogs like should be done, because they know that poor ole Frank will be on the phone, if he has one, whining that some mean, probably alcoholic, shot his little babies.
    Last edited by AKmud; 11-01-2008 at 18:01.

  13. #13
    Moderator AKmud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    Just did a little cleanup guys.... Lets not get personal.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg


    The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

  14. #14
    Member Trapak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    283

    Exclamation Stanly's incredible urban feline safari

    Loved the story Stanly! What a hoot! Too bad it ended up that way. I once had to take care of a problem dog that was eating my rabbits. The statue of limitations is still in effect, so I'll go no further. But the problem was solved and somewhere 'ole fido is now a permanent part of the food chain and the circle of life.

  15. #15
    Member Stanly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    954

    Default Glad you enjoyed it

    I posted another reply, some of my best stuff, but the moderator took it off, sad. It truly was quite an ordeal I tell ya. In fact it was unbelievable. My lawyer wanted to take my case to the State Supreme Court, the details would take way too long to cover here. I'll leave Akres alone so we should probably put this one to bed, unless of course something happens to the little poochies.

  16. #16
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default Lawsuit

    Have you thought odf a lawsuit to cover medical and vet costs?

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  17. #17
    Member Huntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.....
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Stanly,

    Just keep in mind, this is a family friendly website. There are kids on here who get rather concerned reading some of this. You "might" be a consenting adult but the children on this website need to be taken into consideration, they don't understand some of these scenarios......
    We ALL have to keep in mind that kids/teenagers do read these pages.......


    Just FYI.....



    Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    I posted another reply, some of my best stuff, but the moderator took it off, sad. It truly was quite an ordeal I tell ya. In fact it was unbelievable. My lawyer wanted to take my case to the State Supreme Court, the details would take way too long to cover here. I'll leave Akres alone so we should probably put this one to bed, unless of course something happens to the little poochies.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •