Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Shockey

Default Jim Shockey

I saw Jim Shockey in Anchorage yesterday at the sportsmans warehouse... he was standing at the tag counter, must be up here filming another great hunt. Got to say I knew he was a big guy but man, that dudes got to be like 6'5" or something....

I am sure he'll be hunting someplace with "exclusive rights"

Default just my thoughts

Did you at least ask for a autograph

Quote Originally Posted by BAR300 View Post
    I saw Jim Shockey in Anchorage yesterday at the sportsmans warehouse... he was standing at the tag counter, must be up here filming another great hunt. Got to say I knew he was a big guy but man, that dudes got to be like 6'5" or something....

6'3... Very Nice guy. I had drinks with him back in 05 @ the Saskatoon hotel. Talk for over an hour about his show, Canada and Alaska.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

His show is one of the few shows that actually keep me shelling out the $2 a month for the outdoor channel. Otherwise I'd cancel it cause I don't need to see a bunch of boys on Texas ranches in air conditioned "hunting blinds" with internet and satelite TV. That said it could also be that the majority of Jim's shows are hunting things similar to what we hunt up here in AK so I may be biased, but its fun to watch regardless. Although I always smile when he busts out his little helmet to ride his Argo, but if argo was giving me a new one every year I'd wear the goofy too.

Default Jim Shockey

Hi There Guys Got To Meet Him In Las Vagas At The Shot Show, He A Real Nice Guy To Talk To And As You Were Saying Tall, But While I Was There Got To Meet Lee And Tiffiney And Will Permo And Randy Anderson And Babe Winkleman And Michel Wadell He A Big Guy And Stan Potts And Harold Knight And Tedd Nugget And Tom Napp, Boy Is Was Like A Candy Store Of The Outdoor Channel, All Of Them Real Nice People, Me And My Wife Our Getting Ready To Go To The Shot Show In Orlando In January Hopeing See Them Agian This Year. Skip

Quote Originally Posted by skip olsen View Post
    Hi There Guys Got To Meet Him In Las Vagas At The Shot Show, He A Real Nice Guy To Talk To And As You Were Saying Tall, But While I Was There Got To Meet Lee And Tiffiney And Will Permo And Randy Anderson And Babe Winkleman And Michel Wadell He A Big Guy And Stan Potts And Harold Knight And Tedd Nugget And Tom Napp, Boy Is Was Like A Candy Store Of The Outdoor Channel, All Of Them Real Nice People, Me And My Wife Our Getting Ready To Go To The Shot Show In Orlando In January Hopeing See Them Agian This Year. Skip

The reason my wife thinks I pay the $2 bucks a month.

She Does Look Good In Person

There's no need to lie, Alaska_Lanche, thats the real reason. But I'll admit, a good one!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post

There's no need to lie, Alaska_Lanche, thats the real reason. But I'll admit, a good one!!
    Ok so whats your excuse do you give your wife??

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Ok so whats your excuse do you give your wife??
    Its hard to lie when this is the only show I have a weekly reminder set up for...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post

Nice Rack too.

Wow, could that picture be much more of an advertisement? She's hot but nearly every show on the outdoor channel is nothing but a 28 minute advertisement with 2 minutes of hunting, it gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot2Kill View Post
    Wow, could that picture be much more of an advertisement? She's hot but nearly every show on the outdoor channel is nothing but a 28 minute advertisement with 2 minutes of hunting, it gets old.
    True, but if the TV is going to be on the Outdoor Channel usually beats the options....
    I like some of Shockey's stuff & usually like Easton's Bowhunting with Fred Eichler. Eastman's Outdoor Journal usually isn't too bad.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Yeah Jim Shockey went walking throught my dad's hanger getting ready to fly out some where. He had all of his camera crews filming everything. I don;t know where there flying out to though

Default Blacktail deer

I guessing Kodiak!!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

NO down time for this guy. Accordingly to his website he just got back from spain? An inside tip tells me it may be Montague?
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Why bother going to Montague for the level of animals this guy chases? We already have a thread on Kodiak vs. POW...Montague isn't even in the running for decent sized bucks (but they sure do taste good )

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by skip olsen View Post
    She Does Look Good In Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern View Post
    Its hard to lie when this is the only show I have a weekly reminder set up for...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoot2Kill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskankid13 View Post
    Yeah Jim Shockey went walking throught my dad's hanger getting ready to fly out some where. He had all of his camera crews filming everything. I don;t know where there flying out to though
    Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    I guessing Kodiak!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    NO down time for this guy. Accordingly to his website he just got back from spain? An inside tip tells me it may be Montague?

well so far Half this thread is twitterpaited..... and the other is shockeypaited....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default that's funny stuff right there

good call Vince...

Wish I was flying out somewhere to hunt right now.... got my mind on snowmachining right this second, and trying to find a good mountain machine for cheap.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast