I am getting closer to making the move to Alaska. I want to live remote but have reasonable access to supplies. I have found some properties and would like to narrow down the areas somewhat so I am not flying all over the state when I come to look at parcels. Any information on these areas would be helpful.
I would like an area that offers moose and caribou hunting close by. Obvously, the fishing should be good at any of these locations. Any weather information would also be helpful. Can a person grow a garden in any of these areas?
- Unalakleet a couple of river miles upstream from the famous lodge.
- Keyes Point at Lake Clark
- Pike Lake near the Copper River with river access
- Yentna River near Lake Creek
- Yentna River near Fish Creek
- Alexander Creek off the Susitna River
- Big River SSE of McGrath