Thread: CVTech Clutch Kit Available for 06 Tundra

Smile CVTech Clutch Kit Available for 06 Tundra

Those of you who own the first year of the new Tundra 06 know that it had a couple of problems; only a 15x136" track vs the 07's 16 x 136" track and the pre-06's 15x139.5" track, and very poor drive belt wear.

The track problem is easily solved since the 16" wide track will also fit on the 06 Tundra and several different lengths are available. I personally think that the 16x144 is ideal not requiring a hull modification.

BRP solved the belt problem starting with the 07 Tundra. However, there is now a solution for the 06 clutching / belt issue through the company whom makes both the drive and driven clutch for the 06, CVTech. The CVTech kit is available through Kimpex. It includes a superior belt as well as improved driven clutch spring.

Another way to improve the pulling power/deep snow capability of any 300F Tundra 06 and beyond is to swap the bottom 45T sprocket for a 48T sprocket. Sprockets are available via Hi Performance engineering.

Anyway -- thought I would share. I have the CVTech Kit and a bottom 49 sprocket (I'm recommending the 48 as I have tested that - haven't used the 49 in the field yet) on my 06 Tundra as well as a 16x144x2.3" track with 8T drive sprockets (instead of 9T). When I first got the 06 Tundra my 94 Tundra would easily out-perform it in deep powder. That is not the case now.

Attached Images Attached Images

Beaver Creek

Welcome to the forum Dan. I have read many posts on dootalk and appreciate your sharing of knowledge.

I am from the opposite corner of CO. Yuma CO.