Thread: Breakin' Ice

Default Breakin' Ice

If anyone needs some help breaking ice or braving the cold in the Wasilla area, give me a shout. We just moved up from Nebraska, so I am going through waterfowl withdrawals. My work schedule is very versatile and am usually available during the week. Have all my own gear and dekes....just need to find a place to use it.
    Thanks in advance!
    Dave
    402-598-0762

Default Withdrawals

Tell me about it. I think most of us are too. Not to many ducks around here now. Maybe try cottonwood creek down on the flats. May be a few hanging around down by the mouth. Long walk and more work then I want to put in. Cross the bridge and go right and follow the creek. but I'm guessing it's all iced up now. Time to get the rig ready for next year

Thanks Duckman. See ya on the flats next season.

Where are you from in Nebraska? I went to school at Creighton from '93 to '97.

Default sry Yukon

Sry Yukon....been out of country and didn't see your post. We moved up from Papillion (south side of Omaha). Lived there from 92-97, then again from 2000-08.
    Wearin' a Jays Baseball shirt right now....

I played basketball there, one year for Johnson and the rest for Altman.

Default town mallards

anybody know where those mallards go that hang out around the cottonwood creek bridge on the palmer wasilla highway.... i know they like to hang out at nugens ranch at seward meridian but every day i see them flying southwest over town kinda towards lake lucille but as far as i know that has been frozen for a awhile.....i usually see some other birds mixed in with them....i imagine if you could find where they were going outside of town you could get into some other birds as well.....i personally wish i could stand on the carrs rooftop with my 12 gauge....you could drop birds all day long
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"