Thread: Sheep hunt gear report

Exclamation Sheep hunt gear report

Just got back from our unsuccessful sheep hunt and thought i'd list some of the gear we used and how it performed. Oh yeah, even though we didn't score on a ram, we had a great time being in the mountains!!!
    Sport Hill camo expedition pants - A HUGE thumbs up, these pants are the real deal and are the most comfortable hunting pants I have ever worn!!
    Leki Makalu - trekking poles, awesome for hiking in the steep stuff and when coming down, highly recommend!!
    Erueka! Apex2XT 2 man tent - very easy to set up and perfect for the early season sheep hunt or just back packing. This tent has pleny enough space for 2 with lots of ventilation and enought vestibule coverage for your packs.
    Osprey Aether 70 internal frame pack - AWESOME is all I can say, THE most comfortable back pack I have ever used.
    Jet Boil - this thing boils water in the snap of a finger but after the 3rd day os useage I had a problem with the bottom half of the pot coming apart. A rivet pulled out and caused the pot to leak quite badly, fortunately I was able to do a temp fix and it didnt affect the rest of the trip. I will report back on what Jet Boil has to say about this and if it is covered under warranty.
    Cabela's Extreme (?) Alaskan Outfitter pack frame - Much better than the frames I have used in the past and I like the way they upgraded the suspension system on it, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to pack an animal on it but I am still impressed with how it fit.

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

Ive been reading up on the osprey packs. I read some reviews that they dont like real heavy loads. Im interested in buying one for use the chilkoot trail. Im prob looking at a forty lbs pack. whats your take on this?
    thx

did you encounter lots of rain. How water resistant were the pants? did they dry quickly? Im looking for a set of pants to overcome the bulkyness of my rivers west pants. Plus I cant stand the way they wick water up the cuffs