Thread: Tannery Recomendations?

Default Tannery Recomendations?

Does anyone have a Tannery they like? I have a few Foxs that I have and when I get a few more Id like them to get tanned, contemplated doing it myself but it might just be easier to send them off. Besides I wouldn't want to mess them up not knowing what Im doing. Also what the usual turnaround time?

Default tannery

I send all of my small furs (wolf to ermine) to Moyle tannery in Heyburn Idaho. I don't have their address here, but their web site is moytown.com. I send my big skins, bears etc. to Alpha fur in Anchorage.

Quote Originally Posted by goaty View Post
    I send all of my small furs (wolf to ermine) to Moyle tannery in Heyburn Idaho. I don't have their address here, but their web site is moytown.com. I send my big skins, bears etc. to Alpha fur in Anchorage.
    ditto on Moyle

Default Thanks

Ill give them a try, thanks.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

there is a guy at end of peger rd..l under johanson....that green place with trap suplies.... never have used him though..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

moyles has done a great job on all of the beaver, fox, marten, and coyote I have sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    there is a guy at end of peger rd..l under johanson....that green place with trap suplies.... never have used him though..
    I would NOT recommend that place.Come by the house and Ill show you why.Not only that Ive got stories of tans from there etc... and they aint good. Nuff said.

Supporting Member

Default Tannery

Check out the website: www.fursforfun.com The guys name is Hector Ramirez and not only does he do a great job, but he gurantees you get your own furs back (which you'll learn the hard way, not all tannerys do). He is in Rupert, Idaho and his prices are lower than Moyle's. Turn-around time depends on the time of year you send the furs in for tanning, but it is worth the wait. He gives our trappers association wholesale prices, which are even lower than his listed prices. I understand he also does an excellent job on bear hides for a fraction of the cost that Alpha charges.
    While I prefer to use Alaskan businesses whenever possible, the huge price difference in tanning costs (even after paying postage) made the choice an obvious one for me.

Default Moyle

Moyle is great for straight taxidermy tanning. If you want good garment tanning try USA Foxx and Fur. usafoxx.com
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy