Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone happen to go

Default Did anyone happen to go

rabbit hunting this past weekend and run into any pitbulls?...

Is it the same one that were talked about in an earlier thread ? If so I surprised they have not been shot yet.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default The three s's

When I moved here to Kenai from the lower 48 back in 1985 I met a lady who told me if you have dog problems remember the three s's.

Shoot
    Shovel
    and
    Shut your mouth

she said there was a dead dog under every tree in her yard.
    I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on those pitbulls from the story last week. And the jerk that owns them, well I have a pretty good imagination.

Default Chased by dog in Whittier

I was chased by Doberman in Whittier last September. While I was heading towards boat ram I saw a guy running hes dog with no leash on the road while he was on his SUV. I felt awkward and stopped, as soon as the dog saw me he was running towards me at full speed. Only thing I had was pair of boots on my hands so I put the boots right by the dogs face and yelled at him to sit. While this dog was barking, growling and trying to jump on me for about a minutes, all this dogs owner did was sit in the SUV and yelled at the dog to come back from about 100 yard away. This incident led me to carry a pistol while walking back to boat ram then on.
    This dogs owner will have dead dog if this type of incident happens again, and hope dogs owner corrects his behavior.

Default re pit bulls

Asking people to give the old guy a break, he made a mistake. i've known the old guy,Frank for years and he is barely surviving. He stays at the little cabin with just him and the dogs. Most of the year he has the area to himself and he let the dogs out as usual. He promised to keep them chained. If they get loose and come after you or yours, you have to do what you have to do but lets not go looking for a fight.

Default I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    Asking people to give the old guy a break, he made a mistake. i've known the old guy,Frank for years and he is barely surviving. He stays at the little cabin with just him and the dogs. Most of the year he has the area to himself and he let the dogs out as usual. He promised to keep them chained. If they get loose and come after you or yours, you have to do what you have to do but lets not go looking for a fight.
    He allowed his dog to attack another dog (in front of a little girl) with no regard. His dog needs to be shot dead!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

And he attacked that little girls father, those dogs need to be put down.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBassking View Post
    He allowed his dog to attack another dog (in front of a little girl) with no regard. His dog needs to be shot dead!
    When it happened yes but not after the fact. I just read too many yahoo wanna be lone rangers talk about going hunting and looking for a excuse. I am in no way a pit bull fan and yes he wasn't responsible. If the dog was shot then, so be it, I have shot more dogs than most. Me and a couple of friends bring frank food and will drop off a rabbit or two when in the area. He also keeps an eye out for your vehicles while your out hunting and often calls troopers when unsavory types are in the area. He is just an old man and those dogs are about all he owns.

Default Still need to be put down.

While the dogs may be all he owns, it doesn't change the fact that they attacked another dog and a PERSON. In most states that right there is reason enough for the dogs to be confiscated and put down as a public danger. I have no problem with leaving the old guy alone, but it doesn't change the fact of what his dogs did. It doesn't sound like this is the first time either. They need to be put down period, regardless of what breed they are.

Get him a couple of Pomeranians instead if you want to. That way they can just bark but not hurt anyone. Then you can ask people to leave him alone because his dogs are "annoying". Big difference from the dogs being "DANGEROUS"!!!!
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy

Quote Originally Posted by danjordan78 View Post
    While the dogs may be all he owns, it doesn't change the fact that they attacked another dog and a PERSON. In most states that right there is reason enough for the dogs to be confiscated and put down as a public danger. I have no problem with leaving the old guy alone, but it doesn't change the fact of what his dogs did. It doesn't sound like this is the first time either. They need to be put down period, regardless of what breed they are.

Get him a couple of Pomeranians instead if you want to. That way they can just bark but not hurt anyone. Then you can ask people to leave him alone because his dogs are "annoying". Big difference from the dogs being "DANGEROUS"!!!!
    I'm not denying his dogs are a pain in the butt, The guy at the end of the road has three pit bulls that have caused me more problems near the gate. "Pomeranians" I dont dislike the guy enough to get him halibut bait. They work well if you teach em to hold their breath, halibut like live bait

Those folks up on the Hillside can keep pet bears, they dont put them down when they attack someone. Why should this fellas dogs be any different..Sounds like they are just doing what dogs do when they have run of a place. Maybe Frank will take care to chain them next time.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by zeda34 View Post
    Those folks up on the Hillside can keep pet bears, they dont put them down when they attack someone. Why should this fellas dogs be any different..Sounds like they are just doing what dogs do when they have run of a place. Maybe Frank will take care to chain them next time.

Touche!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    I have no problem giving him a break as long as the dog are on a chain. What happen last time is what happen we cant change it. But I will say if they come after me,my dog or child there will be two dead dogs. But Im not going to go looking for trouble.

Default I've been reading hints

I have been reading hints of something happening with some pit bulls for the last couple of days. I can't find a thread that explains what happened can somebody explain to me what happened and maybe give me a location so I can at least be aware of some nasty sounding pits.

Thanks

Couple pits that live near a fairly popular bunny hunting spot tore up a beagle and its owner a week or two ago. The beagle nearly died and the owner suffered injuries while trying to stop the attack. The real downer is it all happened in front of his daughter! Thankfully she was not injured in the attack.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by catchfish View Post
    I have been reading hints of something happening with some pit bulls for the last couple of days. I can't find a thread that explains what happened can somebody explain to me what happened and maybe give me a location so I can at least be aware of some nasty sounding pits.

Thanks

rest of the storyhttp://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=40439
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default What if

the girl had gotten her face ripped off, would you still be saying oh well, ya know dogs will be dogs, gee they are only doing what dogs do when they have run of the place. That situation could have gone tragic about 50 different ways. I know I'm going to hell cause the older and crankier I get and here stupidity (my opinion) I wish bad things on people. I wish it was you there with your daughter just trying to have a nice experience and suddenly out of no where WHAM, a life or death situation. Personally I don't give 2 craps about ole Frank, I do care that he has 2 dogs that he stood by and watched as this happened and again not the first time from the sounds of things. I'll bet if you slipped ole Frank some mad dog 20/20 he'd probably tell ya with a grin on his face about his fiesty little pooches and their little dirty deeds. Didn't sound like he gave 2 craps about what his dogs did to these people. But, that's what makes this forum and any other place where there is an exchange of ideas interesting. How bout we fire up some mesquite and have a PIT Roast, I'll bring the Coors Light and Franks' Red Hot!! As my friend Bill O'reilly says "Wise UP"...

Default I guess you didn't

Read my post on the small game forum. There were 3 pits at the house on chains, but were wanting off bad. Also two dogs down the road at the other place they came out into the road looked at us for a minute or two then went back to the house. Wonder what that guy has in that p.o.s. house that he needs 3 pits. Maybe a meth lab. I wouldn't get out of my rig with out a gun in my hand.

Angry Dead dogs walking!

When I was a teenager I was out jogging and was run down and attacked by two pit bulls. Luckily I was able to fight them off after I was severely injured, but the 6 year old that they had just attacked right before me was not so lucky, he required 100's of stitches and reconstructive surgery of his face. Id trust a wild bear in the woods any day to a pair of pit bulls running towards me. These dogs need to be confiscated and destroyed by the authorities. I tell you if I would have been in his boots with my daughter those dogs would have been DEAD, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    Read my post on the small game forum. There were 3 pits at the house on chains, but were wanting off bad. Also two dogs down the road at the other place they came out into the road looked at us for a minute or two then went back to the house. Wonder what that guy has in that p.o.s. house that he needs 3 pits. Maybe a meth lab. I wouldn't get out of my rig with out a gun in my hand.
    The meth lab IS the house down the road with the nice dogs lol. Like I said if the dogs come after me they're toast. I have absolutely no problem with it but I dont have to go looking for trouble to prove my manhood. I hope the guy and dog heal well and the daughter enjoys many years of hunting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast