Thread: Shooting lessons?

Default Shooting lessons?

Need to find shooting lessons for my daughter. I live in Palmer and would like to have them in the valley. I have left many, many messages at the Palmer indoor range and I never got a callback.

Any ideas?

Troy

Default 4-H Shooting

Check out your local 4-H Clubs. Some of these clubs have some good gun training and shooting programs. Probably could call the Friends of the NRA and find out who they have supported for shooting sports in the valley. The money from any friends of the NRA Banquets are spent on local gun training programs. Just a couple of quick ideas for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    Need to find shooting lessons for my daughter. I live in Palmer and would like to have them in the valley. I have left many, many messages at the Palmer indoor range and I never got a callback.

Any ideas?

Troy

Don't call them back.

Get on the NRA website and look for an instructor in your area. Follow up with that individual. Lots of good instruction available through the NRA certified instructor program.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Palmer indoor range has been closed, closed for several months under construction. Should be open soon, if not now.

What kind of shooting Troy? I want to get my daughter proper instruction also and I find that teaching your female children and spouses can be tough. I primarily want to get my daughter started in shotgun so I looked on Grouse Ridge's website and found this.. http://www.grouseridge.com/Clayton3.htm looks like he is also an NRA instructor so should be able to help in other aspects other than shotgun.

I bought her a Kimber SPS pistol for her 16th birthday, so I would be looking to get her lesson for this pistol.

I contacted the Palmer range back in the summer and they did mention the remodel, but I do think they are open. I will just stop by one day and talk with someone in person.

Thanks for everyones input

Troy

SPS or SIS? You are a good man I'm waiting for 16th birthdays for my kid's first center fire handguns. They are shooting Ruger .22 pistols now to start with.

If you can't find anyone in the valley check with Steve at Alaska Tactical on Muldoon. He's a great instructor and does women's only classes a couple of times a year. You can find his website on Google.

In the meantime, take a look at corneredcat.com for great advice on firearms for women.

Default instructor

stop by Wild West guns and ask for Al Cohen he is an NRA instructor who does lessons independently from the shop.Al is a very patient older gentlman who gives really good lessons at a reasonal price.