Thread: Buying a 22' seasport

Default Buying a 22' seasport

lookes like i'm am buying a 22' Seasport if all goes well. plan on boating the prince william sound seward and maybe Homer what do you all think this a good choice? just me and a couple friends will be going.

Default Seasport

Seawolf, these boats have a great reputation, I think you will love it. The 120 gal fuel tank will give you good range, will be relatively economical to run and that size should tow well.

one more thing seems like a nice boat. I'm planning to get out this weekend if possable anyone out there willing to share a spot to catch a halibut I'm pretty new to this all so I'm looking for help and any info to make this all good :] thanks

Thumbs up Seasport new or used?

You bought a good solid boat with good resale value IMHO. Be sure you take care with the maintanence on the outdrive, especially the u-joint bellows. If the rubber bellows canl crack with age. If saltwater gets the drive unit, you are looking at major repair. Also, if it's a duoprop, remove BOTH props twice a season and grease the shaft with triple-guard grease. The inner prop has a tendency to bond to the shaft. It's a real ugly repair. Feel free to email me if you want more tips, I have a 24 Explorer.

Thanks for the input I bought her tonight. She is a used Boat Lookes clean alaska mining and diving gave her the once over, and she has been kept in a garage and has been maintained spring and fall by a penta volvo dealer. Thanks for the input and the info on the out drive. I've been out with friends and have enjoyed it all alot that is why I have choosen to get my own boat. any info is a plus on my end and thanks again I would like to learn all I can.