Thread: Help

Default Help

Hey guy's, I am trying to find a outfitter who has drop camp hunts available for moos and boo. My Uncle and I are trying to get eight guy's together to come up and film a series of television shows about do it yourself hunts in alaska. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

would thouse guys have anything to do with Eastmans? I was just wondering if they plan on coming up here some time soon. and were do you want to hunt?

no they are with Intrepid outdoors,

Are you looking for an outfitter that will take you to a drop camp already set up or are you bringing your own equipment and looking for someone to fly you out? One location? Fairly difficult for both species, they usually don't inhabit the same places so which is the prefgerred species, moose or caribou?

To go after both species I would look into a float hunt, you can start up in the tundra country where the caribou are found then float down into the forested areas where moose tend to hang out. Give Larry Bartlett a shout over at Pristine Ventures, i'm sure he could set you up with everything you need to make a hunt like this happen.

We are looking for a outfitter that has a camp already set up, maybe a float hunt. Moose is the primary species we are after. There is just something about moose hunting that really gets my blood boiling, I love it

Hey thank you for the info, I will give him a call. A float hunt sounds like the perfect solution. It is never a bad thing to be on the water and do a little fishing while you hunt.

Default Outfitter...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmid View Post
    We are looking for a outfitter that has a camp already set up, maybe a float hunt. Moose is the primary species we are after. There is just something about moose hunting that really gets my blood boiling, I love it
    Hello Joe,

If you are looking for someone with a camp already set up, you must hire a registered guide or a master guide who has that unit on his license. Same applies to anyone renting you rafting equipment in the field. State law prohibits anyone from providing equipment IN THE FIELD to hunters, for compensation.

If you want to avoid the guide fees (and I think you said that this was a DIY hunt anyway), you need to rent the gear and take it with you to the field, instead of having something already there.

Now for the shameless commercial message (I am an advertiser on this website): Because I am both a registered guide, and a hunt consultant / planner, I can provide virtually any level of service you require, from simple consultation, to gear rental (including rafts and such), to expediting / shipping your gear to / from the field, to fully outfitted camps in field locations, to direct assistance in the field (guiding, cooking, meat / trophy care, camp setup / breakdown and other logistical support). As far as I know, I am the only one in this business who is offering that level of service. I am licensed for GMUs 9 (Alaska Peninsula), 13 (north of Anchorage past the Denali Highway), 19 (Western Alaska Range and beyond), 21 (the Koyukuk drainage, the Melozi, Nowitna, on down to the lower Yukon / Innoko River country), and 23 (Western Arctic including the Noatak, Kobuk, Ambler and Selawik drainages). I have been providing assistance to hunters in some form or another since 1987. My website will provide additional details; just go to the "Services" page. Drop me a PM and let's talk.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Mike just did it

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmid View Post
    Hey guy's, I am trying to find a outfitter who has drop camp hunts available for moos and boo. My Uncle and I are trying to get eight guy's together to come up and film a series of television shows about do it yourself hunts in alaska. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I would suggest that you give Mike a call. He just got done planning a bear hunt for Outdoor Life Mag and they took 7 people and were very successful, not an easy endevor and his services would be money well spent!!