Thread: First kodiak hunt

Question First kodiak hunt

Hey guys I was just wondering if I could get a little more advice from some of you guys that hunt Kodiak often. Im going to be deer hunting and I decided to come up with the money and fly in to the southern part of the Island Is there any really good places that I should know about and were are some of the places I should stay away from? Thanks for all the great info!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tylerbenelli View Post
    Hey guys I was just wondering if I could get a little more advice from some of you guys that hunt Kodiak often. Im going to be deer hunting and I decided to come up with the money and fly in to the southern part of the Island Is there any really good places that I should know about and were are some of the places I should stay away from? Thanks for all the great info!
    DeadMan Bay!

Smile

Go with roland sea hawk air,and ask him for his advice,he'll know where to put you.......good luck and have fun...

Question deadman bay

I have been told to do deadmans bay by a bunch of people do you think that place is pretty popular place I want to stay away from the crouds Im an archery hunter and i dont want someone shooting deer out from underneath me.

Default Listen

I assume that you will be flying with either Sea hawk or Andrew Air. Check with them and do whatever they suggest. If you ask good questions, you will get information that is very good. It's hard to go wrong with either.

if you don't want someone shooting deer "out from underneath you", hunt harder farther and longer than everyone else and you'll have a better experience all the way around. hunt high in the back of the valleys, the bowls and ampitheathers and ridgetops and you'll nail better bucks than 90 percent of the crowd.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212