Thread: MCA Sports/Ace Bullet Company

Default MCA Sports/Ace Bullet Company

Has anybody had contact with an Anchorage business called MCA Sports/Ace Bullet Company? According to their website they make chamber adaptors to allow one to shoot 22LR in a 22-250 or any number of other similar calibers. I'm interested in trying one of their adaptors but I canít get anyone to answer their phone or return my e-mails. Here is their website: http://www.mcace.com/

Any help would be appreciated!

I used to see Ace Dube at gun shows, but he hasn't been around for a few years.

I have an adapter from 223 to 22 but the accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.Alex

Default Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by aaalaska View Post
    I have an adapter from 223 to 22 but the accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.Alex
    The 22lr heeled bullet is a smaller diameter than the 223 bullet, also your twist in a 223 maybe wrong for a 40 grn 22lr bullet; Try a heavier bullet(maybe 60 grns).
    The better choice would be a 22 mag as it has a larger bullet the same diameter as a 223.
    The 22-250 with 1-14 twist should shoot a 22 mag bullet better as well.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Good question. I tried contacting him around 5 years ago and just got the catalogs in the mail with no prices listed. I gave up after many email and phone call attempts.

I have sent him a few emails as well. I was looking at his 30 carbine / 30-06 adapter. I never got a responce to my emails. From what I found on the web he is really hard to get a hold of.

Given how long it would take to make these I do not see how he makes it worth his time at only $20 each.

I would not send money until I knew he was still in business.

Default mca

You guys are lucky you haven't got hold of these adaptors. I have the 30-06/ 30 carbine adaptor and it's accuracy is nonexistant.It is really a waste of money. The Hammond Gamegetter is a much better solution. Good luck, Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by kyle76 View Post
    You guys are lucky you haven't got hold of these adaptors. I have the 30-06/ 30 carbine adaptor and it's accuracy is nonexistant.It is really a waste of money. The Hammond Gamegetter is a much better solution. Good luck, Kyle
    I have one that adapts .223 to .22 long rifle and I use it in my Savage combo .223/12 Gauge. I have to adjust the elevation but it works for regular .22LR range no problem. Sportman's Guide is selling ones in .308, .30-06 and .303 calibers to .32ACP ones in their catalog.

The Hammond Gamegetter is way cool looking!
    http://www3.telus.net/gamegetter/index.html

I have 2 of the adapters, one shoots 22kh in 223 the other uses 38/357 in the 350 rem mag. Neither are bench rest capable, but shoot well enough for small game at reasonable ranges.

Default Ace dube

I just got an adapter from ace last year. Keep in mind he works construction, so he gets home late. I normally wait untill late here in indiana, because where he lives in alaska, it"s like 8 hours behind us. When he answers, i think he is is in his shop. Good luck, hope he is still in business, nice guy to talk to and deal with. OH, FORGOT TO MENTION, HIS BUSINESS IS ACE DUBE/MCA SPORTS.
    Last edited by RAVING RAY; 03-27-2013 at 21:58. Reason: MORE INFO

I had him make one to use 9x18 Makarov pistol ammo in my 9.3x62. Price was reasonable, and it worked fine. Never had the time to try various brands of ammo for best accuracy, etc. I was thinking it would be an interesting way to use some of the then very cheap 9mm Makarov ammo being imported, and it might make a quiet grouse or bunny whacker, if it shot fairly close to the sights. Makarov = .365 bullet diameter, 9.3 = .366.

I have the 12g to 20g and 20g to 410 shotgun adapters (stainless don't remember the brand) and they work great. I need to catch that remark, they work great with one caliber spread. 12g down to 410 not so great. I was a little concerned with the negative press online for pistol to rifle adapters but curiosity won. I am glad it did. I got this pistol/rifle adapter 9/21/15

I decided to give the MCA pistol/rifle adapter a try. He was not too difficult to get a hold of, left a phone message and then started emailing. I decided to get one and try it. I am posting this because the online reviews on such adapters were hit or miss with most being hypothetical reasons of "inherent inaccuracy" "too far off the lands" etc. etc........

32ACP through my 300WSM is just a little more punch than a .22lr with the 32 coming in at about 120fpe instead of 100fpe for the .22

Pic shows 4 shots (factory FMJ's) through the adapter in my Tikka T3 stainless, off hand at 20yds using the same zero as my 300wsm hunting rounds. Plenty good for grouse. Now I can dump my little pistol and just carry a handful of rounds and the adapter. I also tried a few HP's and was no significant change in grouping.

Hope this helps another who enjoys tinkering as much as I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images