Thread: Yamaha High Thrust

Default Yamaha High Thrust

There's a 9.9 yamaha high thrust on Craigslist. I've heard good things about these but does anyone out there in forum land know about anything about them? Looks like he wants $1200 which I thought was alot till I looked at what they go for new.

Thumbs up I noticed that one also...

I have one on my Sea Sport, I can't say enough good about it! Its the perfect size, they are everywhere, totally made for pushing a big heavy boat around. It starts with a finger tip push button every time, throttle can be set so it stays steady along with the steering, when your trolling you just bump it to change course and continue beer/fish activity. I have used it for miles when I lost my main in Seward, it will get you home even in the rough! (I have a tiller extension that is a must-have if you have a large boat).

I sure like mine!!!! Never had a problem with it.... Pushes 24' Olympic 7,000lb fiberglass boat about 6 mph (give or take a few depending on the wind, water and load in the boat) at full throttle. It's all I need. Works great for trolling. I've never had to come in from a long distance with it but it sure is reasuring to have it.

I have the 10 HT Yammie on my Sea Sport. When we are out chasing sharks or bears we use it to putt around. I run it wide open for hours on end and it uses about 1 gallon per hour and will push my boat up to 6mph. It is connected to my outdrive via an EZ steer and works great.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

Charterboat Operator

THANKS FOR THE TIP, I JUST BOUGHT IT FROM THE GUY ON CRAIGSLIST!

just joking!

I thought about it too long, it sold by the time I called back.