Thread: WInter moose hunt out the Rex trail

Default WInter moose hunt out the Rex trail

Has anyone gone out the Rex trail recently? I have a DM766 moose hunt starting in November and was wondering if the totatlanika or tatlanika were crossable. Also, if anyone has been out there have you seen any moose? Any info would be great.

CubeCove

Default Rex Trail

CubeCove,

I'll be out on the Rex Trail all weekend working on the trapline so I can give you a report on Sunday night or Monday morning. Unless someone beats me to it.

Ted
    Pass it on, take a child hunting, fishing or trapping.

Ted,

What do you use to get out the rex? Snowmachine? Track rig? Do you know much about the moose activity out there? Any report would be great. Thanks again,

Eric

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by tjmeyer1 View Post
    CubeCove,

I'll be out on the Rex Trail all weekend working on the trapline so I can give you a report on Sunday night or Monday morning. Unless someone beats me to it.

Ted
    hey Ted planing a trip with the kids of the steece this weekend... gimme a shout before you head up your next trip we can meet at the lodge or somthing...plenty of snow in clear about a foot or so in the yard..wind has been up to so should be crusting.

good luck
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by cubecove View Post
    Ted,

What do you use to get out the rex? Snowmachine? Track rig? Do you know much about the moose activity out there? Any report would be great. Thanks again,

Eric
    cub you do realize your going to go a LONG LONG way... to hunt off he Rex don't you... * deleted* forgot seasonal... CUA
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I heard all the moose along the Rex moved to the Tanana.
    Tim

I will be heading out the Rex trail in the morning to do some scouting. Hopefully I can get across the creeks.

CubeCove

off topic- but cubecove.. your username wouldn't happen to have anything to do with an old logging camp on the northwest side of Admiralty would it?

Default WEll

How was the weekend riding?

Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    off topic- but cubecove.. your username wouldn't happen to have anything to do with an old logging camp on the northwest side of Admiralty would it?
    As a matter of fact it does. I lived in Cube Cove from 1988 until 2001. Went through junior high, high school, and even worked for the logging camp for 7 years in between going to college ect. How do you know of this logging camp? Did you ever live there?

Let me know.

Eric Vantrease
    CubeCove

Quote Originally Posted by skier View Post
    How was the weekend riding?
    It was an enjoyable ride. Almost made it to the second river, but had to turn back because I got a late start. The first river was frozen, but I heard reports the second river was still flowing. Not sure if anyone made it across. The first river had some places that looked pretty slushy.

CubeCove

Quote Originally Posted by cubecove View Post
    As a matter of fact it does. I lived in Cube Cove from 1988 until 2001. Went through junior high, high school, and even worked for the logging camp for 7 years in between going to college ect. How do you know of this logging camp? Did you ever live there?

Let me know.

Eric Vantrease
    CubeCove
    I lived there. Woulda been 1993-1997. My old man was working for Buhler. I also did time at False Island, Homeshore, Appleton and Corner Bay. Finally moved to civilization(wrangell) Just before Silver Bay went Bankrupt. My old man is Brian Brown.. Runs Alcan Timber Now (now includes whitestone and evergreen)-outa afognak and ketchikan. I work in the rigging in the summers when Im not at college. I did Elementary school there with Mrs. Stickler..

Default Trail conditions

Was the trail pretty chewed up/bumpy beneath the snow from fall traffic, or was it a fairly smooth ride on the snowmachine?

Trail is good and first 2 rivers are frozen, the Wood is open. Very little traffic past Totat, almost none past Gold King.

Quote Originally Posted by brasebear View Post
    Was the trail pretty chewed up/bumpy beneath the snow from fall traffic, or was it a fairly smooth ride on the snowmachine?
    The trail I went out was not too bad, but there was not enough snow to fill in the ATV ruts from this fall. There are a couple nasty ruts/holes you will need to watch out for, but otherwise the trail wasn't too bad.

CubeCove

Quote Originally Posted by mstumpe View Post
    Trail is good and first 2 rivers are frozen, the Wood is open. Very little traffic past Totat, almost none past Gold King.
    This is good news for me, since I only need to cross the first 2 rivers to get to my muzzleloader hunt area. Thanks for the update. Also, did you notice any moose activity while you were out?

CubeCove