Thread: Pcik up my new Big Bear, what's the next upgrade?

Default Pcik up my new Big Bear, what's the next upgrade?

Picked up my new '08 Big Bear this weekend. Got a plow, winch and that yammie accessory receiver hitch.

What's my next upgrade or mod?

26" mud tires

26" nudders would be a good start maybe with some aftermarket rims or spacers to widen the stance a bit. But given your list of current mods my # 1 would be heated grips!! Plowing snow with frozen hands get old real fast!

Hot grips are awesome and I have them on my Foreman, there's been many times riding that my hands got cold and a simple flip of the switch took care of that problem. As for mods for the OP, if you don't already have it, I'd recommend synthetic cable on your winch, then some good all around 26" tires like Mudlites.

mriguy

Default XTR's!!

Go with the Mudlite XTR's. Awesome tire. Great in mud, yet not the 'tractor' ride on the trail.

Default mudlites

Don't the new Bigbears come with Mudlite all ready on them?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd_hntr View Post
    Don't the new Bigbears come with Mudlite all ready on them?
    Yes it does but they are pretty small. I would just sell the stock Mudlites to a Fourtrax owner and get bigger tires for the Bear. The bear is almost too low geared from the factory and will really wake up with 26" tires under it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Yes it does but they are pretty small. I would just sell the stock Mudlites to a Fourtrax owner and get bigger tires for the Bear. The bear is almost too low geared from the factory and will really wake up with 26" tires under it.
    Going from 25" to 26" will make that much difference?

Don't just go taller go wider as well. Yes it will make a big difference!

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Hot grips are awesome and I have them on my Foreman, there's been many times riding that my hands got cold and a simple flip of the switch took care of that problem. As for mods for the OP, if you don't already have it, I'd recommend synthetic cable on your winch, then some good all around 26" tires like Mudlites.

Gotta have the hotgrips!

Quote Originally Posted by upstream View Post
    Going from 25" to 26" will make that much difference?
    The 26" and bigger Mudlites have bigger lugs, over 2"s whereas the 25's have I believe 3/4 inch lugs. I don't see the need to go wider, i've been running 9" wide tires for 3 years now and they work great, wider tires cost more as well.

The 26" and bigger Mudlites have bigger lugs, over 2"s whereas the 25's have I believe 3/4 inch lugs. I don't see the need to go wider, i've been running 9" wide tires for 3 years now and they work great, wider tires cost more as well.
    The Big Bear comes with 8" wide front tires. I have 26"x10" fronts on mine but I didn't buy them if I did they would be 26"x9". The 8" wide tires are pizza cutters!

I'm running 9" wide tires all the way around on my machine, not just the front and they seen to work out pretty well. Have only been stuck twice and that was because I got high centered. That's the only issue I have the Honda's is ground clearance.

A detroit gearless locker does wonders for the big bear.

instead of the mudlites you should get these
    there maxxis zillas and they are lighter than mudlites and from what i've heard there better. they come in
    9"wide and 11"wide for rears.

If you don't feel like buying tires, Moose makes a great lift kit. I got 2" more clearance out of it for about $100.00. Takes about 20 Min to put it on.

Ricochet skid plates to protect your investment. Then heated grips. Enjoy the BB, I've had mine for a year now and put just over 800 mi on her. Still runs like new.

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    Ricochet skid plates to protect your investment. Then heated grips. Enjoy the BB, I've had mine for a year now and put just over 800 mi on her. Still runs like new.
    Will the ricohet plates fit with the Warn plow mount?

upstream, you will have to remove the WArn plow mount before you can put the Ricochet plate on. It's pretty much the deal when you had to take your stock plate off to put the Warn plow plate on. I do this every winter and spring, kind of a pia but it's one of those things you can't avoid.

upstream, you will have to remove the WArn plow mount before you can put the Ricochet plate on. It's pretty much the deal when you had to take your stock plate off to put the Warn plow plate on. I do this every winter and spring, kind of a pia but it's one of those things you can't avoid.
    Thanks!

I didn't know that. The dealer had everything installed (winch, plow)when I bought the BB and I didn't ask either. Guess I should have.