Thread: steel core

Default steel core

Anyone know where I can buy steel core 7.62x39 ammo in AK? If not here does anyone know of a website that will ship it to AK?

Default NO

Quote Originally Posted by ARKY View Post
    Anyone know where I can buy steel core 7.62x39 ammo in AK? If not here does anyone know of a website that will ship it to AK?
    The sale and importation of steel core ammo has been prohibited for several years. Every since someone decided to manufacture a 7.62x39 caliber pistol. This ammo was deemed to be armor piercing by ATF.
    ANY retail sales are limited to military and law enforcement only.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

It is illegal for a person with a FFL to sell it to me, and it is illegal to import new ammo, but I can still buy it off joe shmoe legally.

Default Uhmm

Quote Originally Posted by ARKY View Post
    It is illegal for a person with a FFL to sell it to me, and it is illegal to import new ammo, but I can still buy it off joe shmoe legally.
    Unless you are a LEO or military supplier it is unlawful for a FFL to sell you steel core ammo. It is no longer imported as far as I know. If you can find it on the street Joe Shmoe can sell it to you.
    And has been since about 95'.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !