Thread: Ranger Crew with tracks

Palmer, AK

Default Ranger Crew with tracks

Anyone considering or have the Polaris Ranger Crew? I don't know how good it would be for the summer but I think it would be fantastic set up with tracks and a heated cab for winter hunting with the family. For the $$ it doesn't look like a bad rig compared to the prices of modern sleds! I don't think it has power steering though and with tracks I think that would be a big help.

Unisteer sells aftermarket power steering kits for the Ranger, for around $1000.

If you don't get many replies here, you may want to post your question on the Polaris Ranger Club (PRC) forums as well.

One thing I would be very concerned about with putting tracks on a vehicle that size, however, would be the weight. A fully loaded Ranger Crew, with 4+ passengers, starts weighing as much as a small truck. You have no idea what getting stuck means until you do it with tracks! Deep powder or getting halfway across an obstacle (like a downed log, which the front tracks clear but the rear tracks don't want to) could stop you cold / dead in your tracks (pardon the puns).

I have a regular ranger XT and I love it. It goes everywhere I want. I am more utility than fun so I wanna put tracks on it next summer for winter user. i'd get more out of it than a sled. Plus I can hot dog into more areas where tires just wouldn't cut it.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed