Thread: nikon fieldscope question

Default nikon fieldscope question

does anyone have any field reviews on these scopes??? looking for a good sheep and goat scope.
    God Created Man Samuel Colt Made Them Equal

they are the next best thing to a leica or swaro if you get the ED glass.

I acquired one of these recently and its pretty darn impressive. Its also really compact and has a great protective case/sleeve that you can view thru. Very bright and clear, at all powers. This may just be the Cats Meow for a sheep hunting spotting scope!

Default Nikon Fieldscope

2 years ago, I bought a discontinued scope on Ebay for $575. It is a 20-60x78mm Fieldscope ED. Very good. Crisp optics. 25 year $10 No Fault warranty. I would highly recommend this scope. I am not sure that it is quite up to the Swarovski quality, but from my tests it is very close to the Leica and Ziess in clarity.

Jdub

Day 9 of a 10 day hunt you have 2 "maybe" sheep. Both are a mile away in opposite directions. You only have time to stalk 1 so it better be legal. Which spotter would you rather be looking through Snyds Pentax our your Nikon?

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    I acquired one of these recently and its pretty darn impressive. Its also really compact and has a great protective case/sleeve that you can view thru. Very bright and clear, at all powers. This may just be the Cats Meow for a sheep hunting spotting scope!

I havent played with it enough to answer that. I did have it at the range yesterday and for what its worth....the glass is awesome! I mean like Zeiss, Leica awesome. But 300 yards at the range in flat light isn't exactly a great test of optics.