Thread: Finally some good luck.

Default Finally some good luck.

With much thanks to a member of the forum sharing his new secret spot with me, my wife and I finally put some bunny meat on the table. This was her first bunny, and I could strangle her for it. She lies in bed every morning of every weekend while I do all of the leg work, and when I finally find a spot to take her she shoots the first bunny of the day. Ah well, I guess it's worth it to see the priceless look on her face or some non-sense like that.

Any recipes that are a must? We're letting our rabbits sit in a pot of salt water over night (cause everyone told us to). So what should we do with 'em?

Congrats to the wife on the first kill. Hopefully there will be plenty more where that came from.

Dry them off, soak all day in buttermilk (don't rinse), roll in seasoned flour, fry in hot olive oil, eat.

fry like below..add lots of celery, Green peper, 1 clove garlic. water. S/P to taste. let it boil 10 mins then let it simmer, adding water 2 times as it simmers. Cook Rice and serve.

Stew those bunbuns. Bunny meat pies are wonderful, heck just about any chicken recipe is better if you use bunny instead.

Quick question how'd she handle her first harvest? Sad? Guilty? Happy? Excited? Really man lets hear her perspective, Tracy is hunting for small game with me this winter and I'm a little worried she may make a clean harvest and still be upset about it. In fact I think she might have missed so far out of guilt. Of course hitting a rabbit with a recurve bow is kinda though so I maybe wrong.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

boil the bunnies make rice with the broth debone the bunnies and cook them a little longer in a curry sauce

Default She took it like a champ

As soon as she shot she was incredibly excited and practically jumping up and down... so much so that she couldn't remember where she shot it at... finally found it though, and she was a little sad that it was still twitching (nerves), but she was sad all of 30 seconds. Hopefully your wife will handle it as well as my wife did. It's nice to be able to share her first success, but probably not as much if she starts crying .

Glad too hear she will be joining you on hunts again. Tracy will do well to I think, it's just really hard to tell how folks are going to react till there put to the test.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.