Thread: Trad bow arrow rest

Question Trad bow arrow rest

I have a Impala 50lb traditional recurve and was looking for a good arrow rest for it...one better than that plastic rest the bow comes with. I was wondering if any of you trad guys could point in the right direction here in my search for an arrow rest as I'm still new to the traditional sport??

Thanks
    AK Trout

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

I use industrial grade velcro, the soft fuzzy kind. Or you can buy seal skin from Alaska bowhunter supply in anchorage. This is for shooting off the shelf.

Default Try this.......

I use a piece (cut to fit) of tanned elk hide, hair on. Glue it down hair grain facing forward. Keep it about 1/4 of an inch away from the upright portion of the riser. This distance may very depending on the size of your arrow shaft. You want to use another piece for the upright piece. Trim the hair down close (on both pieces). You want enough of a gap for your inside feather to slide through with minimum contact. It's very quiet, extremely durable and very traditional, plus it looks cool.(grin).
    Hope this helps.
    Sarge.
    RIDE TALL, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Default Dont forget the cement too

I have this on my longbow - no complaints here.

http://ns1.bowsite.org/acb/showdetl....D=355&CATID=10

I do the same as Tradbow
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I actually like just the shelf with the fur/velcro on the face of the site window. I've had to peel a snagged rug off the shelf in the field one too many times.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.