Thread: Anybody have a meat wagon like this?

Default Anybody have a meat wagon like this?

http://www.atvwagon.com/1600utility.html

I bought one today for a few hundred bucks off of Craigs...looks like a nice trailer. I didn't have my truck to get it home though.
    The screw lift needs repaired.
    Do they pull nice? This one has electric brakes on the front axle, do they work well?
    Any Bosski owners out there?

Pulled one around for the trail repair last year for the Maude-Plumbley trail. I'm sure we were way overloaded and they worked as advertised.

I didn't look at that particular setup but did look at tyhe 1600 AL and the 800 AL models. They are nice looking trailers but for that kind of money I could buy a brand new PakRat Outfitter. That trailer you got Frank looks like it would be great for around the house/farm chore's.

At 539 pounds EMPTY that would be like pulling a lead anchor behind you in the tundra or mud holes.

Default I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    At 539 pounds EMPTY that would be like pulling a lead anchor behind you in the tundra or mud holes.
    It sure seems like it would be a real PITA in the soup, wolfe. I can't imagine a loaded moose in it in the deep slop. Yikes.
    But who knows? Those big 25" tires and tandems might really surprise and float over the stuff.
    Around here in the dry Idaho uplands it should be the ticket. I'm picking it up tonight and I'll post my honest take.

Thanks for the input, guys.

We have used the 800 and we absolutely LOVED it. Unfortunately it was our buddies trailer. If you see an 800 at a good price in good shape, dont hesitate to buy it at all. Great trailer!

Well, so far so good. I'm loving this wagon.
    It pulls like a dream with those massive tires; a four year old could pull it around. It is heavy but it feels very light.
    It's very balanced.
    Worked great for loading up the elk for neighborhood butchering party.
    Last edited by fullkurl; 09-04-2009 at 16:39.

Nice trailer. Only problem I see with it is that its not deep at all. Load that sucker up with any weight and it looks like she might be a touch top-heavy. Glad you like it and keep reporting back!