Thread: For all you homebrewers out there...

Default For all you homebrewers out there...

Anyone grow their own hops? Perhaps I should ask first, is there a variety of hops that will grow in south central AK's climate? I've heard they're a fairly hearty vine growing 6" to a foot per day under ideal conditions. Am interested in getting into brewing beer and while I'll probably start out with a kit at first, I may be interested in growing my own hops someday. Just wondering if that's possible in Alaska.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by shearej View Post
    Anyone grow their own hops? Perhaps I should ask first, is there a variety of hops that will grow in south central AK's climate? I've heard they're a fairly hearty vine growing 6" to a foot per day under ideal conditions. Am interested in getting into brewing beer and while I'll probably start out with a kit at first, I may be interested in growing my own hops someday. Just wondering if that's possible in Alaska.
    i purchased 3.5 ton of barely hops from a guy out north of Fairbanks.. he grew it for the brewery up here and i got the extra at .10 a pound for hog food... seems to grow well
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here