Thread: Rule Changes?

Default Rule Changes?

I thought I read awhile back that AF& G was thinking of changes to the rule that non rez. may be able to hunt sheep, goats, grizzly"s, on non guided hunts ? Any one herd anything about this? Thanks in advance Bill.

That "rule" is codified regulation. In other words, a LAW. It would take an act of the legislature to change it.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

No, not exactly.

There was talk of allowing non-residents to hunt grizzlies in certain areas as needed for predator control.

But if anyone thinks the Alaska Professional Hunters Association (the guides) is going to let that happen, I've got a bridge they can buy.

Hell, they're still pushing to have moose fall under the guide requirment.

Brians right any and all talk will be squashed by the guiding assoc. Money talks.

I am shure you are all right. but never say never. All it takes is a loss of revenue in F & G''s budget. Then non-refundable drawing permit sales, a large hike in non resident tag fees , maybee a trophy fee, and bingo the bean counters start looking for changes in hunting rules/ laws. You also have to ask, how much of the revenue, by the lobby mentioned stays within the state of Alaska? Bill.

I wouldnt mind seeing them opening up griz hunting to non-res. We all have friends that would love to hunt some big bears but just cant afford it. Alot of outside hunters are much more capable to handle themselves compared to some of the residents I have seen IMO.

I heard that when the state got sued over the aerial wolf hunting that the judge said the state has to expend all other options. Sounds like good as time as any to change the rules a little in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by LongHunter7 View Post
    I am shure you are all right. but never say never. All it takes is a loss of revenue in F & G''s budget.
    Can you say... "$70 a barrel."

Even with the partial shutdown, the State is not going to be lacking for money, not for a couple years.

Don't think I'm against the idea. It wouldn't bother me a bit, if the biologist say it's needed.