Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft rich

Default Ft rich

hey, i lost my flashlight somewhere on ft. rich within the last 2 weeks somewhere around area 413 i think , i would normally just not worry about it but its a $100 flashlight its about 5 " grey , lithium battery powered, Snap-On..if you have found it let me know and ill at least buy your gas to meet me somewhere...then again that illusive moose may have it!!!

Default I have been in there too

I have bennrattling the bushes in 413 myself, and haven't seen it, I'll keep my eye out!! They are probably using the flash light under the white tarp to play cards. They are defintely giving us the slip this year!

For those that are still hunting moose on Ft Rich, I would suggest that whenever you see a moose and think it might be a cow, take a closer look. I saw what I thought was a huge cow but upon closer examination I found that it was really a bull that had dropped it's antlers. Unfortunately it was not in the hunt area, otherwise it would be in my freezer.

wow...seems kinda early but oh well

Don't be discouraged, I think this is a rare case as most of the other bulls that have been spotted arounf town and such are still sporting head gear. I think this was just an anomally.

Default side arm

can you carry a side arm is Ft Rich or are all fire arms prohibited

you can carry, you just have to register them at the front gate with the mp's

You can carry on southpost without registering your handgun but if you hunt on northpost you have to register it, that's what we were told at the briefing in August. I always carry my 44 on southpost as i've seen some big bear tracks plus the possibility of stumbling on a moose kill is quite possible. I haven't seen much for bear tracks on northpost, just a few black bear tracks here and there.

Default saw guy dragging sled

So did anyone score Friday or this morning? Saw a guy at noon dragging in a sled and packframe, but couldn't tell if he was going in to hunt or to haul. I was up the hill a ways from the trail.

all i seen on saturday was a cow and a calf...both of my favorite areas have been closed for the last couple of weeks

I'd take a cow or a calf on my permit...all I saw Sat was old tracks, moose, calf and bear.

Default Moose Spotted

This week we have had lots of moose in the neighborhood including one big bull. I live close to the water tank off bull dog trail. If south post is open I would be looking around here.

Default thanks!

If they open bulldog, I'll be over!

I found a pretty decent sized bull Saturday afternoon on a scouting trip and was going to go after him Sunday morning, then they promptly closed that area for the 2nd and 3rd, go figure. I thought the Bulldog trail was open this weekend??

The larger bulls will drop antler first but this does seem a bit early. For what its worth: any moose (or other animal for that matter) taken with a bow is a trophy ... I know we all want wall hangers but you guys already have the deck stacked against you ...
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys (and gals) ... still have my meat pack in the truck waiting for the call! Go get 'em! Best of luck!

If I manage to put this bull down where I saw him, you might want to bring a fork and knife and some seasoning.

well, no luck this year, i leave for california in the morning for 2 weeks, i went out to bulldog this afternoon and was on a cow and 2 calfs but had to pass on them , maybe next year i will draw another tag...good luck to the rest that havent filled there tag yet ...

Default found one!

got a spike fork yesterday, had him packed out by 8pm, not to bad. Talked to the conservation officer, and he was real thorough on equipment check, make sure your arrows are marked approipriately with you name and info. He said some guys were making extremely long shots and wounding animals, they got one out there right now limping. The officers were super freindly and helpful, they were just doing thier jobs. Apparently there was some other "funny business" going on in there last night they said, and the blackhawks were in there thick last night. I'll post a pic when I find it on this computer, downloaded it last night, and now can't find it!!!!

What do you mean by funny business? What TA was that wounded bull shot at? I'm going out this weekend and i'll look for him if it's open.

It's getting crunch time, and I wish you guys all the best that the hunting Gods are offering.

Taylor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast